PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Towns in Oregon

stuart ferguson
09-10-2007, 02:45 PM
I am looking for any ghost towns in Oregon:rolleyes:

bad bob
09-10-2007, 03:14 PM
I am looking for any ghost towns in Oregon:rolleyes:

:eek: LOL, well Stuart, ya might start by checkin' out the OREGON page at this site. Use the drop-down menus in the brown strip at the top of this page. (You may have to go back to the home page to access the individual states).

You could then perhaps decide by county, or those nearest your residence, (presuming you live in OR). Another factor is the status of ghost towns, whether you'd like to visit one which is completely vacant, or one with residents. So you see, there are many things to consider in your brief request!

Tsarevna
09-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Shaniko is a nice one. I hear the hotel is back up and running, but they only rent rooms during summertime. Might be running out of time for that one.

danny_stoddard
06-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Shaniko is a very nice one and there are some updated pictures on the Shaniko page - the Shaniko Hotel, unfortunately has closed, last I checked - it's for sale and will be closed until it has new owners. I found this out the hard way: calling to make a reservation about a month ago! not sure if it's opened since then - let's pray it has! My last visit to Shaniko they were renovating the saloon portion of the hotel and I was dying to get back to sit in it and have a beer!!! (or a whiskey) - anyway, happy ghost town hunting!

Ghostdancer
06-08-2008, 11:36 AM
May I recommend Whitney, (http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/or/whitney.html) located in Baker County. Very easy to get to, just right of the highway.

Some 30 miles SE of Baker City right off I-84 is the abandoned plant which I believe was the Durkee complex and it is an imposing site and the community which it served is called Lime, I haven't actually been to the townsite myself, but understand it to be the one.

There is a past thread on this...
Lime, Oregon (http://forums.ghosttowns.com/showthread.php?t=13550&highlight=lime%2C+oregon)

Royal5th
02-12-2009, 04:04 PM
I don't know of any ghosttowns in OR, but I used to live in Seaside and I loved it!

danny_stoddard
02-12-2009, 07:58 PM
silly rabbit.