PDA

View Full Version : Beveridge, the nightmare.

coda
09-14-2007, 08:33 PM
There seems to be plenty of folks who want to learn more about the old mining town of Beveridge. I hiked there in 1973 with three friends. camped out there for 4 days, took plenty of photos and exployed the town for days. Panned for gold and just documented all we saw and did. If your interesed in the story or photos let me know, I'll be happy to post them. It was a **** of a hike and in the end all you want is water. But once there it's as if your taken back in time, everything is there except the people, rather creepy. :eek:

mainmanwalkin
10-21-2007, 07:11 AM
I'd love to hear about it. And stories or photos you can share would be greatly appreciated.

bad bob
10-21-2007, 09:32 AM
I'd love to hear about it. And stories or photos you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Beveridge is also in the archives here. A feller named Jerome(?) guarded the place armed, and claimed he had the authority to protect the site. He even posted a couple msgs in here to explain his position. Not sure if he's still there, but seemed to be pretty tenacious, or at least unstable. :eek:

hugo55
05-25-2008, 10:53 AM
I would like to know more of your visit...and see photos.
Where is Beveridge?

bad bob
05-25-2008, 12:55 PM
From the home page here, select California from the drop-down menu under UNITED STATES

Beverige is in Inyo county and 3-4 folks have posted their suggestions and experiences.

Teddy
05-30-2008, 12:56 PM
There seems to be plenty of folks who want to learn more about the old mining town of Beveridge. I hiked there in 1973 with three friends. camped out there for 4 days, took plenty of photos and exployed the town for days. Panned for gold and just documented all we saw and did. If your interesed in the story or photos let me know, I'll be happy to post them. It was a **** of a hike and in the end all you want is water. But once there it's as if your taken back in time, everything is there except the people, rather creepy. :eek:

I would love to hear more and see the pictures too.

brian10x
05-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Is that your Jeep? Its a beauty!