PDA

View Full Version : Texas Ghost town help needed

willgarner
09-20-2007, 08:50 PM
I am looking for a place in Texas , That I could do a 3-4 day hiking camping trip , any good, out of the way ghost towns that would need a 4x4 or you would have to hike in, out in the Texas area? My Wife likes to see old cemeteries I don't know why just has always seemed odd to me but she likes to see them. So if any one could give my a place I would be more than happy to post photos .

HollyDolly
09-25-2007, 01:09 PM
:) Try www.texasescapes.com (http://www.texasescapes.com)
They list Texas ghost towns by areas of the state.There are ghost towns like,Juno,Vineagaroon,Pandale,Castalon and some others out in the Big Bend area. Around the San Antonio area there a several.
Like Pandora,Caddo in Wilson County,Denhawken,Garfield,Nopal,El Oso,Zunkerville, Marcellania(maybe mispelled it) Hackberry,High Hill,Jeddo,Black Hill,Fairview,Verde,Peggy,Dewville,Davy,CottonPatc h and others.
These towns all have buildings
and be reached by regular car.

speedy
09-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the site. I got some good info from it....Speedy

Gravelrash
09-26-2007, 10:39 PM
:) Try www.texasescapes.com (http://www.texasescapes.com)
They list Texas ghost towns by areas of the state.There are ghost towns like,Juno,Vineagaroon,Pandale,Castalon and some others out in the Big Bend area. Around the San Antonio area there a several.
Like Pandora,Caddo in Wilson County,Denhawken,Garfield,Nopal,El Oso,Zunkerville, Marcellania(maybe mispelled it) Hackberry,High Hill,Jeddo,Black Hill,Fairview,Verde,Peggy,Dewville,Davy,CottonPatc h and others.
These towns all have buildings
and be reached by regular car.

Yeah, Dolly - great site. There's a lot of things I don't know about America. One, which that site has educated me about, was just how FLAT Texas is!

HollyDolly
10-10-2007, 07:21 AM
:D You're Welcome.
I'm glad you like their site.
They have some interesting places.One of these days if I retire from work,I'd like travel around,at least this area,and maybe do a website on some of the ghostowns in the San Antonio area,but that is a ways off.