PDA

View Full Version : I need directions to "Horse thieves Canyon Road "

krazykid
10-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Horse thieves Canyon Road is in corona, california.... that is close to where i live but have no clue how to get there, so can someone who has been there or kno of how to please let me kno ASAP!

redlts
07-31-2010, 08:23 PM
I believe the Horse Thief Canyon Exit is North of Corona on the 15 freeway.

mauriciom42
08-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Agreed. There is an exit on the 15 to horsethief canyon. I live in lake elsinore.

Norman Johnson
08-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Take the exit towards the Santa Ana Mountains. Horse Thief Canyon is west of Horse Thief Road.

NJ

josta
08-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Okay....and what is supposed to be there?

John

bad bob
08-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Okay....and what is supposed to be there?

John

Necktie party?:)

Norman Johnson
08-06-2010, 03:38 PM
I no longer have most of my my Orange County history books; but, if a person was to steal horses in Orange County, one of the major canyons to escape over the mountains to the unpopulated inland is Trabuco. Up at the end is a pass which could lead a person to try and descend down Horsethief Canyon. There may have been an Indian trail which led that route. I have not hiked the canyon because I am allergic to poison oak and those canyons are thick with the stuff. I have driven the truck trail up along the divide, and both sides of the range of the Santa Anas---especially the eastern side which would be Horsethief---are very steep.

There has been limited mining activity in the Santa Ana Mountains in the past and, of course, Andres Pico's famous capture of Juan Flores, killer of LA Sheriff James Barton in 1856.

Anybody have a copy of Shadows of Old Saddleback ? I gave a very deserving friend my copy a few years ago. It is now worth a number of Benjies. Which I don't need and the person will find greater value in the book than I. Horsethief may be mentioned in that volume.

NJ