PDA

View Full Version : Directions to Mannfield Florida

wlphill1961
10-11-2007, 12:05 PM
Does anyone know how to find Mannfield Florida without a GPS?

bad bob
10-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Does anyone know how to find Mannfield Florida without a GPS?

The following was copied from the Mannfield page at this site:

Mannfield is located 6 miles west, south west of Inverness in the citrus tract of the Withlacoochee state forest. It is about 5 miles north of the Hernando county line and 1/4 mile east of c.R.491
REMAINS: Nothing remains but a foundation and an old live oak.

wlphill1961
10-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the reply, but I found that myself. I was wondering if there was any more detailed info like which trail number or such, Thanks again.

mainmanwalkin
10-28-2007, 06:48 PM
I dont want to overstep my bounds here, but perhaps you could send a private message to Mike Woodfin who posted the town; he might have more specific directions. Keep in mind that Ghosttowns.com tries to caution people listing towns against posting absolutely dead-on specific directions to the sites to avoid bad elements going there and trashing them. But most of the ones here on the forum are law abiding good natured ghosttowners who dont mind helping each other out.

mainmanwalkin
10-28-2007, 09:08 PM
The Mannfield GT listing also says it is 1/4 mile east of CR 391, and across from Triple M Ranch. Google Earth shows West Mansfield Rd on the Triple M ranch property, so I figure if that road leads east or one near it does, that may just be what you're looking for :cool:

bad bob
10-28-2007, 09:28 PM
The Mannfield GT listing also says it is 1/4 mile east of CR 391, and across from Triple M Ranch. Google Earth shows West Mansfield Rd on the Triple M ranch property, so I figure if that road leads east or one near it does, that may just be what you're looking for :cool:

Main...I read that as east of cr 491...I know my eyes are getting bad...

Mr McGoo

mainmanwalkin
10-29-2007, 10:17 AM
Main...I read that as east of cr 491...I know my eyes are getting bad...

Mr McGoo

woops, yeah it IS CR 491, I must have mis-typed it in my last post :o

Mike Woodfin
10-31-2007, 02:19 AM
Your instructions are correct, but you will not find much more than some huge old trees, one foundation, and a capped well down by a dried up pond. The hike is great, however! There is a cemetery about a mile from the pond just off the hiking trail.

The old courthouse site is at the top of the hill just SW of W Noble and Lecanto Hwy (491). There are no remains and there are a couple of houses there so don't trespass.

While you are exploring the area check out the lecanto caves off the same Lecanto Hwy.