PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to upload photos?

Walkingsticks
11-09-2007, 11:07 PM
I tried uploading some photos I took of ghost towns I had visited, but got a message my photos exceeded the limit to what I could upload them. I have tried to turn them into thumbnails, but without any success. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do?

brian10x
11-10-2007, 05:56 AM
I use picture girdle:

http://www.picturegirdle.com/

Its easy enough for my tiny brain to figure out.

Tyroler
11-11-2007, 01:27 PM
http://photobucket.com/register.php?ref=homejoin

tuutuutango
11-11-2007, 02:20 PM
I tried uploading some photos I took of ghost towns I had visited, but got a message my photos exceeded the limit to what I could upload them. I have tried to turn them into thumbnails, but without any success. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do?
I gave up and simply make a video of my pictures to post on YouTube... Works for me, I get to add motions, graphics and sound. Then I add the link to a post on Ghost Towns in the unlikely event someone from GH would like to see them.

Maybe too much work and I'll retire from this practice and get a new life/hobby... but I'm having fun for the moment...

Gravelrash
11-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Then I add the link to a post on Ghost Towns in the unlikely event someone from GH would like to see them.

Unlikely event!!
Mate, if there aren't more videos posted real soon, quite likely there'll be a lynchin!
I dunno how many times I've been down Mogollon road now. Just about drive it in my sleep. More of the same required TuuTuu.

LauraA
11-12-2007, 04:20 AM

I right click on the picture on my computer, select "Edit" then when it opens in my Paint program, I select "Image", then "Stretch/Skew", make the necessary size adjustments and then save the changes as a "jpg" file. (jpg files are allowed to be larger than bmp or other files)
It saves having to upload the picture again to another site to shrink it and it makes a nice size photo for posting. You can experiment with the size adjustments to find one that'll work for your pictures.

mainmanwalkin
11-12-2007, 07:20 AM
If you have Microsoft Office Picture Manager on your computer that works good too. Right click the photo, go to "Open With", select Microsoft Office Picture Manager", then you can edit, crop, resize and "autocorrect" the photos. You can type in the dimensions to resize or just type in a percentage and it will shrink it down and also show you what the picture dimensions are.

Gravelrash
11-13-2007, 01:56 PM
just using Laura's resizing instructions and you have to have text to post.....