PDA

View Full Version : Why I left (Long and boring)

brian10x
11-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Message removed for personal reasons. Sue me.

Goat
11-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Brian, even if you don't currently explore, it doesn't mean you don't have anything to offer to the board. You have a lot of experience and good research skills. Those are valuable assets!

It's tough going out alone sometimes; we've all done it. Have you ever tried joining one of the 4wd clubs near you? They probably have a lot of people there that don't make friends easily. I joined the club that Gary suggested on the board here, and there are a lot of interesting people there that are always ready to lend a friendly hand.

Christ man, I've had to lay low for the last 6 months or so because my pancreas transplant pooped out on me, so I had to live a lot of exploring vicariously through other board members' experiences. Now that I've rucuperated, put on weight/strength, and gotten an insulin pump, I'm good to go again. Stay on the board Brian, it keeps the fire burning to explore. For you and for us.

Good luck with your business.

LauraA
11-26-2007, 03:40 AM
Brian, I can't say it better than Goat did. You DO certainly have contributions to make to the board.
Unlike the others here, I've met you in person and found you to be an intelligent, personable guy. You're always welcome to come up here anytime and explore with Ralph & I. The invitation remains open whether you choose to remain on the forum or not.
This is a great forum with lots of knowledgeable, super contributors who are always willing to lend a hand or offer advice. Stick around Kiddo....this is one bridge that doesn't need burning.

Goat, I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. Keep up the good work! :)

Kelly
11-26-2007, 06:13 AM
Brian,
I wish you the best on your business. I can't get out as much as I used to, My wifes emphysima is getting real bad, and she can't do much at all. My mom had two heart attacks, and I lost my job and health ins. But you have to keep on going. I Just reply to great posts made here buy the fine people here on this board. And think that I was out there with them. I don't know of anyone here on this forum who thinks ill of you. It was great reading all of your replys to the posts and the spammers:D Take care and keep on keeping on.

LauraA
11-26-2007, 07:06 AM
The same goes for you Kelly, you gotta keep on keeping on.
Whoever said, "getting older isn't for sissies" sure hit the nail on the head! :(

tuutuutango
11-26-2007, 08:10 AM
Brian:

I vote that you remain here with your other "virtual-friends," amigo.

Neat picture by the way...;)

Gravelrash
11-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Brian, you need to stay (short and sweet)

It's true ~ you are a crotchety, cranky, pernickety, irrascible, testy, touchy, cantankerous, sarcastic, odd, peculiar, eccentric, idiosyncratic, unpredictable, impatient, prickly, tetchy, grumpy old *******.

I like that in my friends.

bad bob
11-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Brian, you need to stay (short and sweet)

It's true ~ you are a crotchety, cranky, pernickety, irrascible, testy, touchy, cantankerous, sarcastic, odd, peculiar, eccentric, idiosyncratic, unpredictable, impatient, prickly, tetchy, grumpy old *******.

I like that in my friends.

Yea Brian, what all of them said is right on the mark.

But how will you and I ever get on then Pete? I'm none of those things, wait...what th..
my nose...what's happen.....ooooops. :eek:

Gravelrash
11-26-2007, 04:13 PM
BigBob - you've grown on us!

Darin
11-28-2007, 06:03 PM
Okay...here's my two cents worth. I'm in da same boat with my wife being diagnosed with MS so I myself won't be going out GTH-ing as well, but hey, what if.....we wipe the board clean, start with new threads, and reminisce. Of course we would have to get the name changed to "Remember Hunting Ghost Towns.com" (that's a questionable one...pardon the P.U.N.) But just remember, everyone here is a valuable member with their own wisdom from what they have done on their journeys...hence, learn from the mistakes of others, you can't live long enough to make them all yourself---but you can have fun trying:D

yugamu
11-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Brian, since I'm new here and didn't get to interact with you very much. I do appreciate the warm welcome and response to my first thread I posted. I wish you the best in your venture. Please let us know what you wind up doing business wise. I would like to support you if I could.

-Josh in Albuquerque

brian10x
03-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Nothing here folks. Please move on.

bad bob
03-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Un-friggin-believable.

I leave the board for a few months, then return only to see my old post about leaving.

How long does it take for my old drivel to (quoting Clint Eastwood) "dry up and blow away"?

For the love of God, moderator, flush this thread into the internet sewer where it belongs.

Whoaaa hold up there pard.
I don't think memorials or memorial plaques are easily flushed.

I believe they wish to have at least portions chisled in granite (or marble) I forget which, and then placed on the home page as sort of a foreboding for all those who would enter these sacred grounds. :p

But I could be wrong. I got the word from our drunk Aussie friend with the one eye...Pete something... oh yeah Pete Gravelrash. :)

Gravelrash
03-20-2008, 12:53 AM
Sir, I resemble that remark!

(Actually, I'm now at "Day 126" of my no-smoking regime. It must be about "Day 300" for beer, sad to say. Yes, it has come to this sad impasse!
No beer, as a beer and a ciggie....go hand in hand.
God, it's so boring...... being healthy.

Gravelrash
03-20-2008, 12:54 AM
"Those were great old days. Everthing is very quiet now, isn't it?" Elfego Baca

Yes, Elfredo.... it certainly is, my old china, it certainly is.

brian10x
03-20-2008, 03:04 AM
I can't just delete this thing, can I?

speedy
03-20-2008, 05:41 AM
I miss you when you are gone. Sometimes your's is the only wisdom I can find in the day.....Speedy

brian10x
03-20-2008, 06:24 AM
Ten characters minimum they say.

dusti10
11-23-2010, 07:53 AM
Hi. Newbie here but read some posts from this Brian. He makes me laugh with his twisted sense of humor and wit. I've never been to or even seen a ghost own in my life but Ii can talk story with you guys if I want, can't I? Free country :}. And some of the best things in life are free - or at least on sale. Unless no one's home...

Jeanette
02-28-2011, 05:48 PM
It's been a few years since I have posted. I am glad to see some of the familiar people here. For the short time that I was active in this board, I have been some really nice, funny, and smart people. Glad that you are still here. I wouldn't of bothered to start posting again if the same people were not active.

Jeanette
02-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Oh, and Brian? Is that your picture? I thought you were a 48 year old, overweight black woman? Maybe it's just the angle.

brian10x
03-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Oh, and Brian? Is that your picture? I thought you were a 48 year old, overweight black woman? Maybe it's just the angle.

I've changed since then. I went on the Jenny-Craig/Baskin-Robbins diet.