PDA

View Full Version : 'Nuther Mina, NV question . . .

Rockcrusher
01-17-2008, 03:27 AM
Does the town have a service station these days?

High Desert Drifter
01-18-2008, 11:16 PM
it does, and they are very off road vehicle friendly. we drove atvs and sand rails right up to the pumps. if your staying in town you should know that the motel and campground are also off road friendly. (you can drive your non-street legal vehicle right off the property, through the town and out on to the trails). only down fall is that the gas station closes early, but if you have a group, they will make arrangements to meet with you early in the morning or at a given time in the evening to fuel you up.

Rockcrusher
01-19-2008, 12:40 AM
Thanks. A group of us 4 wheelers are planning a back country trip from Bodie to Wendover and Mina will be our first chance to top off gas/fuel out of Bodie.

High Desert Drifter
01-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks. A group of us 4 wheelers are planning a back country trip from Bodie to Wendover and Mina will be our first chance to top off gas/fuel out of Bodie.

That should make for a pretty nice trip. are you using Powell Canyon out of the Fletcher area to cross hwy-359? Let me know if you could use some waypoints of mines and sites on either side of Mina.

ScottyD
01-31-2008, 07:12 PM
I fueled up in Mina two weeks ago. They had Unleaded for about $3.79/gallon. My thought at the time was I was exstatic that they had any fuel period. It allowed us to continue on and make a side trip to the Silver Dyke Mine after playing around up by Gabbs (Berlin & Lodi Site). They had a note on the pump that after hours fuel was available for a $20 service fee also.

danbo
02-01-2008, 06:17 AM
My thought at the time was I was exstatic that they had any fuel period.

I feel the same way. Sometimes I fuel up in Yellow Pine Id. They add $1
to the market price of gas and I'm thrilled to pay it.

And may I say, that is a fine lookin TJ in your sig. Salute!

ScottyD
02-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Thanks Danbo regarding the Jeep. She is all toy, gets horrible mileage, handles poorly on the highway but runs like a raped APE :eek: on dirt/rock/mud/snow roads.

RE nevada fuel it is quie necessary to plan fuel stops as in this area there is no fuel in Gabbs or Ione (there used to be in both). There is fuel in Miiddlegate (Hwy 361 & 50) to the north.

Keep on Jeepin'.