PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft crash sites of Idaho

danbo
01-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Today, a buddy at a federal office gave me a copy of a document
that shows all the known A/C crash sites in Idaho. They are listed by A/C type,
tail number if known, crash date and location cords. I now have years worth of
back country adventures ahead of me. The list includes B-47's, B-17's, an F-4,
C-47 and oodles of civilian private stuff that i'm really not interested in.

If anyone is looking for a specific crash site, PM me the details and I'll give you
the cords. As usual, all the rules of stewardship, honor and respect for the lost
airmen apply!

Goat
01-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Wow, what a score danbo! It's a huge pain to use the FOIA to get reports and such. I've been chasing the same wreck for several years, but ******, I'll find it this year!

Congrats!

Thermodyn
02-09-2008, 01:40 AM
Hey Dan, when did you get this? I'm warming up my GPS right now. I thought I was going to see you Sunday, but Gus has a cold so, perhaps next week.:(

Never mind my avatar. I'll change it once it's served it's purpose with GhostCrackers!:D

teds280z
05-04-2008, 06:18 AM
I found a saber jet crash site outside Tuscon several years ago on a hike. I forget the mountain name but its the only one down there that has a ski resort. The engine, a wing, and several other parts. It was pretty picked through but I did get 2 pieces of mangled together metal that I could carry. I was interesting. Being a veteran of Vietman era I do respect our fallen military. Now I am trying to pay that respect. I work for the Reno Veterans Hospital in mental health.