PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding ghost town in Japan

Caesar00
01-27-2008, 04:44 PM
hey,

I can't find any info on a urban myth about a Japanese ghost town called Hanuda, whose habitants dissapeared overnight during an earthquake in 1976. I'm going on a trip to Japan in several months and I want to spend at least a couple days trying to find it, but I haven't found much info on it, I was hoping someone here heard of it and knows something I don't. What I've found about it is this

-a site claims that it's alongside route 333 between the mountains after crossing a river. there are several places in northern japan that look like this, BUT
-another site claims that the number '333' is the number of the tv channel that once investigated the story
-it's completely isolated between mountains and forests
-an earthquake did happen in 1976

the story is well known in japan, a game was made about it called Forbidden siren. so i guess at least part of it must have happened. does anyone know any more info this myth that can help me located the town? anyone ever heard of it?

sire where i found the info:

http://www.shibito.com/e/p_2_hp.html

and

http://www.randommedia.co.uk/sony_si...anguageCode=en (http://www.randommedia.co.uk/sony_siren/tester/site/index.php?languageCode=en)

Keichi
04-05-2008, 05:25 AM
The earthquake is in 1974 not 1976. Aswell the name of the village (Hanuda) is fake.Though its true that in this village 33 peoples were killed and the others just disappeared in the year of 1967.It was a tragedy for Japan back then.Since then they say many peoples went to this village to investigate and disappeared.How ever few peoples made pictures of the village. Before 2 years i found pictures of the village black and white pictures but there was not much information.Now the site is deleted.It seems the information is keept at secret and they dont want peoples to even know of this accident.1974 another thing happens,after the earthqueake Hashima Island is closed (officially announced).Few peoples didnt leave the place and in 1976 they disappear.The island was populated from 1887 to 1974 as a coal mining facility.So almost the same thing happens on two places.(Now lets use those numbers 33 1974 and 1887)1974-1887 = 96.96-33 = 63.96-63 =33.Aswell 1976(the year when on both places the ppls disappeard) 1976 - 33 = 1953 and in this year November 25, 1953 in History Earthquake and tsnunami strike Honshu Japan.Its kinda wierd..those numbers.Any way if you find something els please let me know.I am trying to find aswell where exactly this village is and when i do i will go there.

Keichi
04-05-2008, 05:29 AM
Never mind it seems that Hanuda is the real name of the village.Ive downloaded Google earth and the village really exists.There is this really wierd mark on Hunada village.. it looks like flames coming out from a circle.

georgebiii
08-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Keichi, not sure about Hanuda but just wanted to let you know that my Grandfather imigrated from Popovo Bugaria in 1912 or so and established a town in New Mexico, USA, known as Sofia. Small world.

George

Tyroler
08-30-2010, 05:05 PM
i am unlucky with Google Map and your both Spelling of Village
Never mind it seems that Hanuda is the real name of the village.Ive downloaded Google earth and the village really exists.There is this really wierd mark on Hunada village.. it looks like flames coming out from a circle.