PDA

View Full Version : aztec arizona

the all american
03-09-2008, 04:02 AM
:) i would like to know who previously owned aztec arizona. also i would like to know the status of it.

Ghostdancer
06-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Don't know who owned it, but it served as a railway stop, there is one collapsed building plus one or two other remaining structures.

candlou
06-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Aztec was a RR watering spot..In1940 a family named Anderson or maybe Johnson ran a small motel and gas station . therewas a one room schoolhouse for the RR workers children

myrtroberts
10-30-2010, 09:24 AM
I am trying to talk to anyone that remembers aztec az. During the 40"s. Do you have any info to share about this place? Sure would appreciate anything at all. Thank you myrtie todd@gmail.

Rusty Trimble
08-31-2011, 11:54 AM
I grew up traveling to Phoenix from San Diego, and Aztec was always one of those little towns I saw from the freeway. I was disappointed about 10 years ago when I did a road trip to mesa, AZ and saw the town was gone with nothing but scrap there. I am actually an aspiring author and in my book, the character reflects on the way things have changed and Aztec being gone has him commenting on younger times and becoming nostalgic, and becoming even a mit melancholy over so many things from youth no longer being around, even something that would seem unimportant to many, such as a small town being gone. I went to this site actually looking for info on Aztec to find out what happened, any details someone can share, I'd be appreciative.