PDA

View Full Version : Southern Michigan

Matthew Fitch
03-17-2008, 06:50 AM
Hi, everyone! I live in Jackson, MI (30 miles south of Lansing) and am planning on visiting ghost towns in the southern Michigan area as well as northern Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, areas this summer. Is there anyone in this area who is interested? I also may plan on some northern Michigan ghost towns as well (I have friends and relatives in the area).

Bestboss
03-18-2008, 03:55 AM
Matthew,
I am in the metro area of Holt.:)
We are active geocachers and just stumbled across this site.
We have already planned (integrated) some of the sites into our summer travels.
As you are local, I would be most interested in hearing what you have found and maybe share some info.
Bestboss
Larry

Rattler
03-18-2008, 05:48 PM
If your travels are taking you North, check out Idlewild. Although its nto a total ghosttown, it is a very neat place to visit. If you really feel like travelling, go to the UP. You will go nuts up ther with all you can find.

trailmaster
07-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Hey Matt was wonderin if you ever got out yet this summer ghosttownin...there's three books out there called Michigan ghost towns...the author is Roy L. Dodge...Published by Glendon publishing in troy Mi...hope this helps:)

Rattler
09-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Hey Matt was wonderin if you ever got out yet this summer ghosttownin...there's three books out there called Michigan ghost towns...the author is Roy L. Dodge...Published by Glendon publishing in troy Mi...hope this helps:)

There are also 3 by Larry Wakefield that are more along the lines of storytelling but fun reads nonetheless.

Rattler
06-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Maybe thats where Gov. Sanford should have gotten his ideas. . . . . . .:D