PDA

View Full Version : plea to moderator

brian10x
03-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Mr. Moderator:

I am fully aware of the need to keep vile and disgusting language from our forum, saving the virginal minds of our younger readers.

However, I request that you release the usage of a couple more innocent words, as they will make posts much easier to read.

Now, if I type out the words, you won't be able to read them.

So, I will try something a bit more creative, along with a common definition.

1:
d
a
m
n
>A mild cuss word just slightly stronger than >darn<

2:
h
e
l
l
>A fiery inferno and likely my residence after I leave this world.

I think that should do it for now. No need to expose the little kiddies to such gutter-speak as ****, ****, *****, *****, ****, ****, crackbaby, **********, ***, ****, *********, mother****er, or ****.

Thank you
Brian

old judge
03-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Brian...Calm down pardner. Just as I expect, or hope, that some of our contributors can, or will, learn to read and write, I hope that you will learn to express yourself with words like darn, and heck. It's just good form. Personally, I don't give much of a s***. If you want to go to H***, that's your business. You d*** R****** are a pain in the A** anyway. OJ

Bob
03-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Some filter programs do go too far! Some words like the two you mention are only vulgar in some context!

I really have trouble when I can't type the proper name of real place like “**** Michigan - Zip Code 48169.”

At least I can type some locales like “Squaw Tit” although I do find the use of the word “squaw” somewhat offensive.

Now I have no use whatsoever for a profanity filter that chooses to squash a proper word because it contains some combination of letters that in part it deems offensive.

A perfect example is the following sentence “It takes an ******* and a mare to make a mule while a stallion and a jenny just make an inferior hinny.” loses a lot of meaning when you have seven stars where “j a c k a s s” should be. :)

brian10x
03-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Brian...Calm down pardner. Just as I expect, or hope, that some of our contributors can, or will, learn to read and write, I hope that you will learn to express yourself with words like darn, and heck. It's just good form. Personally, I don't give much of a s***. If you want to go to H***, that's your business. You d*** R****** are a pain in the A** anyway. OJ

I take that as a compliment!

By th* wa*, I'm re**y start**g to see a lot of s***s la**ly! ******************

brian10x
03-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Some filter programs do go too far! Some words like the two you mention are only vulgar in some context!

I really have trouble when I can't type the proper name of real place like “**** Michigan - Zip Code 48169.”

At least I can type some locales like “Squaw Tit” although I do find the use of the word “squaw” somewhat offensive.

Now I have no use whatsoever for a profanity filter that chooses to squash a proper word because it contains some combination of letters that in part it deems offensive.

A perfect example is the following sentence “It takes an ******* and a mare to make a mule while a stallion and a jenny just make an inferior hinny.” loses a lot of meaning when you have seven stars where “j a c k a s s” should be. :)

Ahhhh. Creative use of spaces, I see. Now I can type in

a s s p i r a t e c a p t a i n o f t h e s e v e n s e a s !

bad bob
03-25-2008, 05:51 PM

Mike yer honor.
I was following all of it until I got to d*** R******. And I can see d***, but what the hockey sticks is the R******??? :confused:

old judge
03-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Redneks, dadburnit, Redneks!!! OJ

bad bob
03-25-2008, 09:38 PM

Ha ha ha
OK well tha*ks fo* clearin' that u*! :p

GaryB
03-26-2008, 09:25 AM

Hey stranger, nice to see you turned up. We got worried and sent a search party, but the monies were low in the GT.com collection plate and we had to hire some illegal, er... I mean undocumented workers to form a posse. I think Johnnie gave them bad directions though, since they got picked up by the INS up on Turnbull Canyon.

BTW, I have OU Sooner email/picture you might find funny/cute. Though you might have seen it already.

GaryB
03-26-2008, 09:36 AM

True, but the programs don't allow for much variance. So either you block all or none.

I think "we" as in our small group could do just fine policing ourselves, but it's the bad seeds running amok that make it hard to open any worm cans.

BTW, it's not my call. Words can be added as seen fit, and I have added some. But I won't open up any that were put there by anyone else, as they felt the need to do so.

brian10x
03-26-2008, 09:40 AM
"it's the bad seeds running amok"

Did someone call me?

old judge
03-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Gary...Glad I was missed. Just doing some local GTin in Oklahoma for the last few weeks. I'm itching to get back west, at least to NM and CO, soon. The interesting fact is this. I've got GT like areas close to home. When I happen on one, it's almost as good as being in CA, UT, NV, AZ, etc. I just can't sit back and picture John Wayne in Norman, Ok. The old film of the Kanab area, Vasquez Rocks, Tucson and points SE, and on and on, call me back west. As for Johnnie and his lovely bride, they won't tell you the real story...Time was Johnnie was known as the Valentino of Vine, The Wayne of Wilshire, the Lorre of Laurel Canyon, the Hughes of Hollywood, the Grant of Grenada Hills, etc., etc. Of course, that was BF, that is, before Sheila. She may or may not know of those days, so I won't go further. But Johnnie, the Hillman and I go back a ways. I still have pictures. OJ

sbruce
03-28-2008, 02:31 PM
this thread is not even remotely offensive enough.
shoot.
shucks.
what the hey.
dag nab it.
and jumpin' jehosephats.:eek:

GaryB
03-28-2008, 03:28 PM
You forgot suffernsuckatash and greatgoogleymoogley

Kelly
03-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Great HornyToads http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/krtoydriver/yosamdp1.gif

Woo Doggies Jethro http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/krtoydriver/buddy-ebsen-c1-1.jpg

LauraA
03-29-2008, 04:12 AM
Frankly my dear, I don't give a gosh darn.

brian10x
03-29-2008, 06:30 AM
"You maniacs! You blew it up! Darn you! Gosh darn you all to heck!"