PDA

View Full Version : Quad Suggestions?

tbutler
05-19-2008, 08:51 AM
I'm looking to buy my first quad, I've ridden a borrowed Honda TRX 250 from the 80s for years so this[ll be a huge step up for me. What does everybody ride/like? Looking for recommendations & suggestions. Thanks!

brian10x
05-19-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm looking to buy my first quad, I've ridden a borrowed Honda TRX 250 from the 80s for years so this[ll be a huge step up for me. What does everybody ride/like? Looking for recommendations & suggestions. Thanks!

This question has been brought up before. Try a search and you should come up with what you are looking for.

Paladin
05-20-2008, 06:12 PM
tbutler- I sent you a PM.

High Desert Drifter
05-30-2008, 11:45 PM
I have been exploring on a quad for years now. My suggestion to you is go big! 500cc or bigger. and stay away from the older straight axle quads with a rear swing arm. you need independent rear suspension. Check out the boys at intrepidexplorers.org they use quads to explore year around in all sorts of terrain.

being a member I know that the most popular quads they have chosen are the Grizzly, Polaris, Suzuki and Artic Cat. good luck and have fun.

Paladin
06-02-2008, 06:14 PM
I've got a '07 Grizzly 700 with power steering. I agree, the independent suspension is a must for long trail ride comfort, stability, and traction on uneven terrain. I'm here to tell you, the power steering is AWESOME. Even on a heavy 700cc quad, my arms and shoulders don't get tired after a long ride.The power steering is that good! I also agree that you should buy enough quad. If you go small, you'll end up regretting it later and wind up selling and buying a bigger machine.