PDA

View Full Version : GHOST TOWN RALLY 2000

Ghosttowns.com
11-20-1999, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Cat and Ripley

: I know, its really early to start talking about the next ghost town rally but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.

:

: Some of us talked about having the next rally at GoldPoint, Nevada and the owner/caretaker/sheriff there is all for it! (see his post on the bulliten board with his web address). He was thinking Memorial Day would work well.

: Any comments or ideas?

Ghosttowns.com
11-20-1999, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by David A. Wright

: REPLY

: Check out the website for the Las Vegas Review Journal, Sunday, November 14, 1999, article entitled "SCARING UP A FUTURE FOR GHOST TOWN". It's about "Sheriff" Herb Robbins and Gold Point.

: Gold Point is a neat place and would be fun.

Ghosttowns.com
11-21-1999, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Ghosttowns.com

: We have talked with Herb at Goldfield and are considering it - it all depends on how much interest there is so if you want to go, reply to this post so we know. If there is not enough interest we wont do it - its up to you guys! - Ghosttowns.com

Ghosttowns.com
11-21-1999, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Rob

: Cat, good to see you back on the board!

: I think Gold Point would be a great place for the next rally. I would like to see us make it a weekend type thing which would include exploring some of the other sites in the area.

: Rob

:

: : I know, its really early to start talking about the next ghost town rally but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.

: :

: : Some of us talked about having the next rally at GoldPoint, Nevada and the owner/caretaker/sheriff there is all for it! (see his post on the bulliten board with his web address). He was thinking Memorial Day would work well.

: : Any comments or ideas?

Ghosttowns.com
11-22-1999, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Cat and Ripley

: I think Gold Point would make the IDEAL Nevada ghost town rally location! Herb has mentioned taking us on underground mine tours, having a big bbq, and we can rent some of the cabins he has renovated, camp near by or stay in GoldField. Plus, there are a bunch of nearby ghost towns we can off road to and explore!

: SO WHO WANTS TO GO!?

: COUNT ME IN!!!

Ghosttowns.com
11-22-1999, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Rob

: I'm in!

: in: I think Gold Point would make the IDEAL Nevada ghost town rally location! Herb has mentioned taking us on underground mine tours, having a big bbq, and we can rent some of the cabins he has renovated, camp near by or stay in GoldField. Plus, there are a bunch of nearby ghost towns we can off road to and explore!

: : SO WHO WANTS TO GO!?

: : COUNT ME IN!!!

Ghosttowns.com
11-25-1999, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Pubah

: : I know, its really early to start talking about the next ghost town rally but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.

: : Some of us talked about having the next rally at GoldPoint, Nevada and the owner/caretaker/sheriff there is all for it! (see his post on the bulliten board with his web address). He was thinking Memorial Day would work well.

: Sounds like a great place! If I can get the time off I will be there. Maybe bring a few others along also.

: This will be a first for me! If you haven'r checked it out yet, check out the Goldpoint website at GoldpointGhosttown.com

Ghosttowns.com
11-29-1999, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Connie Ken

: : REPLY

: : Check out the website for the Las Vegas Review Journal, Sunday, November 14, 1999, article entitled "SCARING UP A FUTURE FOR GHOST TOWN". It's about "Sheriff" Herb Robbins and Gold Point.

: : Gold Point is a neat place and would be fun.

: We think Gold Point would be a wonderful place to have the Rally 2000. We have been there quite a few times and love it. It is rustic, but there are still some conveniances. You can sleep out under the stars or rent one of the miners' cabins that 'Sheriff Stone' has restored. And 'Red Dog Lil' puts out quite a spread at chow time.

Ghosttowns.com
11-29-1999, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by grizzlyadams1

: Sounds good to me, would be my first one also. Just found this site, great site, very informative. What dates would that be for sure?

Ghosttowns.com
11-30-1999, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Dan

: : We have talked with Herb at Goldfield and are considering it - it all depends on how much interest there is so if you want to go, reply to this post so we know. If there is not enough interest we wont do it - its up to you guys! - Ghosttowns.com

: My buddies and I are very interested in the Goldfield Rally. It will all depend on the dates.

Ghosttowns.com
11-30-1999, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Tyler

: : : REPLY

: : : Check out the website for the Las Vegas Review Journal, Sunday, November 14, 1999, article entitled "SCARING UP A FUTURE FOR GHOST TOWN". It's about "Sheriff" Herb Robbins and Gold Point.

: : : Gold Point is a neat place and would be fun.

: : We think Gold Point would be a wonderful place to have the Rally 2000. We have been there quite a few times and love it. It is rustic, but there are still some conveniances. You can sleep out under the stars or rent one of the miners' cabins that 'Sheriff Stone' has restored. And 'Red Dog Lil' puts out quite a spread at chow time.

Ghosttowns.com
11-30-1999, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Tyler

: My family and I love going to Gold Point. I think Rally 2000 would be a hit in Gold Point. Fun for everybody.

Ghosttowns.com
12-03-1999, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by Pat and Jo

:

: : I know, its really early to start talking about

: the next ghost town rally but I wanted to see if

: anyone had any ideas.

: : Some of us talked about having the next rally at

: GoldPoint, Nevada and the owner/caretaker/sheriff

: there is all for it! (see his post on the bulliten

: board with his web address). He was thinking

: Memorial Day would work well.

: We've been to Goldpoint many times;Fantastic,the only word to describe a weekend there.The comaradery,old west atmosphere and antics provided by Sheriff Stone and company can't be beat.Best of all anyone can join in on the fun.The surrounding area is full of history,and Stone is a natural tour quide as well as historian.Go to Goldpoint and have fun in the old west.

Ghosttowns.com
12-05-1999, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Paul Mary Hamilton

: : We have talked with Herb at Goldfield and are considering it - it all depends on how much interest there is so if you want to go, reply to this post so we know. If there is not enough interest we wont do it - its up to you guys! - Ghosttowns.com

: Count us in...We have been to the first 2 rally's and have met some real nice people and had a great time. We will plan on this one if the dates work out for us. Keep us posted please.

Ghosttowns.com
12-06-1999, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Pat and shirley Hedrington

: The 2000 rally in GOLDPOINT would be a great place to have it as there are many places to go and see close by many mines and other points of intrest.

: Herb Robbins alias Sheriff Stone is a very good host and very knowledgeable of the area and can direct you to anything you want to go and see.

: Having been there on many occasions I can tell you there is always something new and different to do!!!!!!!!

Ghosttowns.com
01-11-2000, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Alley C. Callahan/Helmer

Ghosttowns.com
01-29-2000, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Dan Danger

: Tell me about your Rally. We have been going on our annual Ghost Town Roundup for 23 years (this year is the 24th Annual. I would be interested where you have been and would be willing to share some of our favorite sites.

: Happy Trails

Ghosttowns.com
02-22-2000, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Richard and Shane Kiehlmeier

: My dad and I attended the Ghost Town Rally in 99 at Cerro Gordo. Great lunch and out of this world lemonade. Anyway, we are in for Ghost town rally 2000. Just let us know when and where. Gold Point is a great idea, lets just do it.

Ghosttowns.com
07-27-2000, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Jim Taylor

: : The 2000 rally in GOLDPOINT would be a great place to have it as there are many places to go and see close by many mines and other points of intrest.

: : Herb Robbins alias Sheriff Stone is a very good host and very knowledgeable of the area and can direct you to anything you want to go and see.

: : Having been there on many occasions I can tell you there is always something new and different to do!!!!!!!!

: HERB. I plan on coming over to see Goldpoint in OCT.

: with a couple of friends, what is the procedure to

: get boarding? Jim Taylor