PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Looking for ghost towns on a cross country trip

Ghosttowns.com
11-21-1999, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Dan

: Hi

: I'm getting ready to drive cross country and wish to hit as many ghost towns as possible along the way. I have no idea where any are so I figured I'd ask the experts for some help. My travel plans follow, please look them over and if you know of any ghost towns sort of close to where I'll be along the way, please e-mail me. My kids and I would be deeply appreciative.

: DEC 20th I am driving from Ft Bragg (Fayetteville), NC and going to Ft Lewis (Tacoma), WA. Everything after Shreveport, LA is pretty much open, depending upon weather (no 4WD's here). Tentative plans are to go from Dallas, TX to Amarillo, TX and then get on Interstate 40 west until I get to Bakersfield, CA. Then head north to Sacramento, CA and from there onto Tacoma, WA. Alt plan is to go interstate 20 west from Dallas to El Paso, TX. Then on to Phoenix, AZ. From Phoenix, head in a general NW direction to get onto 40 and mirror the first plans directions.

Ghosttowns.com
11-22-1999, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by HERB ROBBINS

:

: : Hi

: : I'm getting ready to drive cross country and wish to hit as many ghost towns as possible along the way. I have no idea where any are so I figured I'd ask the experts for some help. My travel plans follow, please look them over and if you know of any ghost towns sort of close to where I'll be along the way, please e-mail me. My kids and I would be deeply appreciative.

: : DEC 20th I am driving from Ft Bragg (Fayetteville), NC and going to Ft Lewis (Tacoma), WA. Everything after Shreveport, LA is pretty much open, depending upon weather (no 4WD's here). Tentative plans are to go from Dallas, TX to Amarillo, TX and then get on Interstate 40 west until I get to Bakersfield, CA. Then head north to Sacramento, CA and from there onto Tacoma, WA. Alt plan is to go interstate 20 west from Dallas to El Paso, TX. Then on to Phoenix, AZ. From Phoenix, head in a general NW direction to get onto 40 and mirror the first plans directions.

: THINK ABOUT GOLD POINT, NEVADA. CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AT GOLDPOINTGHOSTTOWN.COM LOTS OF GHOST TOWNS AND MINING CAMPS IN AREA.

Ghosttowns.com
08-13-2000, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Theresa Perry

: I will be in Las Vegas the last week in September. I would like to visit Goldpoint Ghosttown and need directions from Las Vegas. Thank You!