PDA

View Full Version : How do I contact an administrator?

Charmaine
08-03-2008, 09:25 AM
I tried to report what I strongly suspect is a spammer who sent a PM to me, but the site's mail delivery system is apparently disabled. My message was sent back to me.

Anyone else receive a "I'm new here. How's it going?" message from "Jessie"?

Calamity June
08-03-2008, 09:30 AM
I tried to report what I strongly suspect is a spammer who sent a PM to me, but the site's mail delivery system is apparently disabled. My message was sent back to me.

Anyone else receive a "I'm new here. How's it going?" message from "Jessie"?Oh mercy me yes. I got one too.:mad:

GaryB
08-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Forward the PM to me if you know how, and I can take care of them.

This seems to be the new way to spam, as it's becoming more frequent.

brian10x
08-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Forward the PM to me if you know how, and I can take care of them.

This seems to be the new way to spam, as it's becoming more frequent.

Why don't they spam someone who actually appreciates it? Send them to me!

GaryB
08-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Problem solved for now. I'm going to create a sticky post to help remedy this in the future.

I'd really like to create forum rules limiting new users till they post a legitimate post/thread that can be moderated to curb any issues, but Todd feels we'd get behind and scare off new members, so he's against it for now. If this keeps up though, we might have to address it further.

Charmaine
08-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the quick response, Gary! I've come across this kind of thing on another forum.

It seems to be an attempt to get people to reply using their actual email address.

miztik11e1
08-13-2008, 07:14 PM
He sent the same to me on the 3rd of Aug. I didn't open it though, with so many scary virus's out there. If it was from a common threader I may have considered it. It so happens that Jessie is the first one to send any private message to me. Now if I get any more I'll let Gary B. know. Thanks for the info. on the spammers. ll;-)

xplor'npaul
09-22-2008, 07:21 AM
Hey there GaryB, I'm still getting that stupid "I'm new here " msg..... what should I do?

GaryB
09-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Hey there GaryB, I'm still getting that stupid "I'm new here " msg..... what should I do?

Forward it/one to me through the PM's and I'll take care of it.