PDA

View Full Version : OUR 1ST TRIP TO "GOLD POINT" NV and a "DYNAMITE" NEW YEAR'S MINERS PARTY BEING ORGANIZED

Ghosttowns.com
11-29-1999, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Penny J. Ballou-Beasley

: OUR FIRST THANKSGIVING IN "GOLD POINT", NEVADA:

: Returned last nite from our first 3 day visit to "Gold Point", Nevada (between Vegas and Tonopah) ghost town. We had a great time alongside other regulars and new folks like ourselves. We were made to feel like "regulars" and were included or could go our own way. It was fun.

: I liked the fact that "fixins" (vitals) were shared around a community table. Great food, great conversation and we met lots of new "miners" (cough) like ourselves.

: I highly recommend Gold Point, NV. They've got scenery and mines to be believed and it really is not only historic but rugged. Sheriff Harold Stone (Herb Rollins can be reached at www.goldpointghosttown.com) was a blast from the past and his lady, Red Dog Lil is a great cook! (Yum Yum her turkey was to be believed!)

: If you like rustic and authentic - - Gold Point, NV is the place to visit. We took our camper so it wasn't quite so rustic. Sheriff Stone has several rustic miners rooms and cabins available including food if you want it.

: While there Thanksgiving, I saw a fox, lots of Chuca (sp?) and rabbits everywhere.

: NEW YEAR 2000 PARTY:

: Sheriff Stone and Red Dog Lil have a whooping New Year planned: genuine Dynamite, Fireworks, Great Food and Fabulous Company. Book early. The party of the century is being planned.

: Thanks Sheriff and Red Dog Lil!

: Penny J. Ballou

: Inventor and Founder

: Inventors Society of Southern Nevada

Ghosttowns.com
11-30-1999, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Pat and Shirley Hedrington

: Having been to GOLD POINT many times I find there is always some thing different to do and see.I would urge people to go to "GOLD POINT" to see for them selves what a real live "GHOST TOWN" is really like!!

: Having been at the old Wiley days 4th of July celebrations I can tell you that if the YEAR 2000 party is anything like they were it will be something you will never forget.

: Knowing Sheriff Stone and Red Dog Lil personally I can say the are the most gracious host and hostess you will ever meet and they will make you feel at home while you are there in GOLD POINT !!!

: The food is great and what ever is planned will also be something to see and be apart of !!!