PDA

View Full Version : Opinions and suggestions

10-13-2008, 06:55 PM
I've got myself a small truck and a small camper.I wil be building the pair up with exploring and ghosttowning in mind.What i am asking for is suggestions of what modifications could be usefull besides extra lights and a gun rack of course.Most of the trails and roads to these sites here are tight so i sold my Ram and got a dakota and will have to quad in tow.
So if anyone has done this or has seen something along these lines please speak up and share.
I will post up pics of the new truck and the camper in the next few days here.

campp
10-14-2008, 03:45 AM
I'm no expert, but think self reliance.

Extra gas, water, oil, tools, tires, clothes, food, shovel, batteries, phone, warmth, etc. Have fun!

Oh, and ALWAYS MAP OUT where you are going and leave it with someone responsible.

GaryB
10-14-2008, 04:11 PM
We hit upon some issues here: http://forums.ghosttowns.com/showthread.php?t=15563 It has been a topic for a few other posts as well, worth searching for.

Like I mentioned in one of my posts, find out the items on your vehicle prone to failure and stock up on those at the least. Fan belts and hoses are the obvious, but what about a specific ignition part or drive train item?

10-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Thank you.I will have a read but at quick glance it appears (to me) to be comon sense stuff.I'm not new to 4 wheeling,exploring or GT'ing.It is more of a fun type of post,well fun for me lol.I want to build a sort of doomsday vehical for lack of a better word.Kinda the camper you wouldnt want to run in to in a dark alley.The ultimate camping rig.

Rupe
10-14-2008, 06:59 PM
One of the 4 wheel drive mag. had a build up of a pick up and camper that was used for exploring/expedition travel. If you type in Turtle III you may be able to find something else you need. I'm sorry I can't come up with the name of the Mag.

A hi lift jack also knowns as a farmers jack, sheepherders jack. Would be a good thing to have along as well as a winch. Tow strap and a jerk strap. You never know what you may run across when exploring.
Plenty of water and food, GPS, compass. First aid kit, fire starter, etc.

10-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Thank you thats exactly what i was thinking.:D