PDA

View Full Version : Fort Gadsden Replica - looking for the Photographer

Aga
11-04-2008, 07:39 AM
First, let me say that I love your web site. Second, I am so glad someone out there has an image of the old Fort Gadsden. I am a Photo Editor at Chelsea House Publishers and am working on a book about Forts. I was wondering if it would be possible to use your image in our book. Problem is, I don't know who the photographer is nor how to contact him/her. The moderator suggested I post to the forum. If anyone knows the photographer or has images of Fort Gadsden, please e-mail me at amillhouse@factsonfile.com.

Thanks

bad bob
11-04-2008, 08:58 AM
First, let me say that I love your web site. Second, I am so glad someone out there has an image of the old Fort Gadsden. I am a Photo Editor at Chelsea House Publishers and am working on a book about Forts. I was wondering if it would be possible to use your image in our book. Problem is, I don't know who the photographer is nor how to contact him/her. The moderator suggested I post to the forum. If anyone knows the photographer or has images of Fort Gadsden, please e-mail me at amillhouse@factsonfile.com.

Thanks

Where is this Ft Gadsden image? US or Canada? I googled "ft gadsden replica" and found only 1 located in Florida. But the Florida site here has no listing for ft gadsden. So is the fort listed in another town? :confused:

Mike Woodfin
11-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Fort Gadsen was the name given to the Negro Fort in FL after the fort was blown up. I posted the pics on the GT site but I am not sure where I got the schematic of the fort. It has been quite some time since I posted the info. I will try to see if I an remember. I certainly did not own the picture.