PDA

View Full Version : Rock Point Oregon

writerone
01-24-2009, 03:34 PM
I am researching a book and in my adventure I found that Rock Point was the Census station in the 1880's and that some one who posted on this site grandparents were postmasters there. can anyone send me information on names of people who lived there. I have the names Ephriam Owings, Benjamin Owings, and CW Burrage. as homesteaders and I know that they had homesteads on the property I was starting from which is just west of Rock Point. thanks for any info on who else lived in Rock Point and when everyone left for Gold Hill.

40FORDJIM
01-24-2009, 04:26 PM
I can get more names from the 1880 census for you. How large a town was Rock Point in 1880? What was the population in 1880? Would Ephraim been about 28 years old at that time? I will need your e-mail to send you census records. You can send me a private message with your e-mail address if you wish. .... Jim Pershing

writerone
01-24-2009, 06:32 PM
I do not know the answer to your questions. except according the us census records Ephriam was 26, but I could not get the census records to come up for Rock point. not sure what I was doing wrong. my email is lindaeidob@yahoo.com