PDA

View Full Version : Tombstone '99

Ghosttowns.com
12-16-1999, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by CoachBodie

: On Friday December 17th 1999. Texas Jess, Levi Garrett and Myself embark on our last Tombstone Trip of the millenium. We are pretty fired up!!!

Ghosttowns.com
12-17-1999, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Levi Garrett

: Today Coach Bodie, Texas Jess, and I are flying out, destination Tombstone! I'm pumped up, this is my first ghost town trip. I can hardly wait till we get there. Well I have to finish packing, see yall in Tombstone.

: Levi Garrett

Ghosttowns.com
12-17-1999, 08:27 AM

: : Today Coach Bodie, Texas Jess, and I are flying out, destination Tombstone! I'm pumped up, this is my first ghost town trip. I can hardly wait till we get there. Well I have to finish packing, see yall in Tombstone.

: Are you ready!!! It's going to be memorable!!!

: : Levi Garrett

Ghosttowns.com
12-21-1999, 01:04 PM

: What a Trip...Highlights Below

: -Traveled to the Gate at Guadalupe Ranch...

: -Saw an illegal over the border...

: -Drove Through Coronado National Forest...

: -Saw a dead Coyote hung from a no hunting sign near Animas, NM...

: -Saw Shakespeare, NM...

: -Levi Garrett killed the Town to Tough to Die Burger...

: -Had the Best Room in the Silver Nugget over looking Allen St...

: -Saw the Swampers, Schieffelin's Monument, Rose Tree, etc!

: -Nellie Cashman's for Breakfast every day...

: -PAT's...CoachBodie 4-5

: Texas Jess 3-9

: Levi Garrett 5-14

: -Calico, Panamint, Bodie is the next trip!!!

Ghosttowns.com
12-23-1999, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by jeff mc

: : What a Trip...Highlights Below

: : -Traveled to the Gate at Guadalupe Ranch...

: : -Saw an illegal over the border...

: : -Drove Through Coronado National Forest...

: : -Saw a dead Coyote hung from a no hunting sign near Animas, NM...

: : -Saw Shakespeare, NM...

: : -Levi Garrett killed the Town to Tough to Die Burger...

: : -Had the Best Room in the Silver Nugget over looking Allen St...

: : -Saw the Swampers, Schieffelin's Monument, Rose Tree, etc!

: : -Nellie Cashman's for Breakfast every day...

: : -PAT's...CoachBodie 4-5

: : Texas Jess 3-9

: : Levi Garrett 5-14

: : -Calico, Panamint, Bodie is the next trip!!!

: you will love pannamint and bodie they are both really great places to see i camp at minnetta mine a good bit my self and have been to bodie a few times and every time i go i see something new so i wish the best of fun when you go.

Ghosttowns.com
12-23-1999, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Levi Garrett

: : : What a Trip...Highlights Below

: : : -Traveled to the Gate at Guadalupe Ranch...

: : : -Saw an illegal over the border...

: : : -Drove Through Coronado National Forest...

: : : -Saw a dead Coyote hung from a no hunting sign near Animas, NM...

: : : -Saw Shakespeare, NM...

: : : -Levi Garrett killed the Town to Tough to Die Burger...

: : : -Had the Best Room in the Silver Nugget over looking Allen St...

: : : -Saw the Swampers, Schieffelin's Monument, Rose Tree, etc!

: : : -Nellie Cashman's for Breakfast every day...

: : : -PAT's...CoachBodie 4-5

: : : Texas Jess 3-9

: : : Levi Garrett 5-14

: : : -Calico, Panamint, Bodie is the next trip!!!

: : you will love pannamint and bodie they are both really great places to see i camp at minnetta mine a good bit my self and have been to bodie a few times and every time i go i see something new so i wish the best of fun when you go.

: One of the things Coach Bodie left out was the visit to the Gasden Hotel, that was a highlight for me. This was my first ghost town trip, and now I'm totally hooked. I can't wait till our next adventure! Levi Garrett

Ghosttowns.com
12-24-1999, 09:32 PM

: Here is our picture taken at Madam Moustahces in Tombstone, A.T.

: : What a Trip...Highlights Below

: : -Traveled to the Gate at Guadalupe Ranch...

: : -Saw an illegal over the border...

: : -Drove Through Coronado National Forest...

: : -Saw a dead Coyote hung from a no hunting sign near Animas, NM...

: : -Saw Shakespeare, NM...

: : -Levi Garrett killed the Town to Tough to Die Burger...

: : -Had the Best Room in the Silver Nugget over looking Allen St...

: : -Saw the Swampers, Schieffelin's Monument, Rose Tree, etc!

: : -Nellie Cashman's for Breakfast every day...

: : -PAT's...CoachBodie 4-5

: : Texas Jess 3-9

: : Levi Garrett 5-14

: : -Calico, Panamint, Bodie is the next trip!!!

Ghosttowns.com
12-28-1999, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by texas jess

: well, there isn't much more i can say to follow-up coach bodie's and levi's message. i did have a great time, though. we saw some things that coach and i did not get a chance to see last year. the hotel was just cool.

: what i don't understand is why the o.k. corral had to build a wall and bleachers for their reenactments. also, what is with the music. don't get me wrong, the gunfight was true and cool, but the music was a little wierd.

: i think we can call ourselves true "earpomaniacs" now! we know where the monument is...

: thankyou tombstone for another memorable trip...

Ghosttowns.com
12-28-1999, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by texas jess...

: : well, there isn't much more i can say to follow-up coach bodie's and levi's message. i did have a great time, though. we saw some things that coach and i did not get a chance to see last year. the hotel was just cool.

: : what i don't understand is why the o.k. corral had to build a wall and bleachers for their reenactments. also, what is with the music. don't get me wrong, the gunfight was true and cool, but the music was a little wierd.

: """i totally forgot...one of the highlights of our trip was of course the annual pilgrimage to texas john slaughter's ranch. this homestead is a beauty...

: : i think we can call ourselves true "earpomaniacs" now! we know where the monument is...

: : thankyou tombstone for another memorable trip...

Ghosttowns.com
12-29-1999, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Coach Bodie

: Texas Jess was truly at home on the Slaughter Ranch...hopefully some day he'll have his wedding there!!!

: : well, there isn't much more i can say to follow-up coach bodie's and levi's message. i did have a great time, though. we saw some things that coach and i did not get a chance to see last year. the hotel was just cool.

: : what i don't understand is why the o.k. corral had to build a wall and bleachers for their reenactments. also, what is with the music. don't get me wrong, the gunfight was true and cool, but the music was a little wierd.

: : i think we can call ourselves true "earpomaniacs" now! we know where the monument is...

: : thankyou tombstone for another memorable trip...

Ghosttowns.com
01-04-2000, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Turkey Creek

: : Texas Jess was truly at home on the Slaughter Ranch...hopefully some day he'll have his wedding there!!!

: : : well, there isn't much more i can say to follow-up coach bodie's and levi's message. i did have a great time, though. we saw some things that coach and i did not get a chance to see last year. the hotel was just cool.

: : : what i don't understand is why the o.k. corral had to build a wall and bleachers for their reenactments. also, what is with the music. don't get me wrong, the gunfight was true and cool, but the music was a little wierd.

: : : i think we can call ourselves true "earpomaniacs" now! we know where the monument is...

: : : thankyou tombstone for another memorable trip...

: Weeell,

: Sounds like y'all had a good time, but you definitely missed a lot while you were there in Cochise County, as far as ghosttowns are concerned, for instance, Charleston, Millville, Gleeson and Fairbank just to name a few. Please check out the URLs listed to get an idea of why you should go back to that area. Our first excursion in 1998 can be found at www.morganhomes.com/fowe

: Maybe we'll bump into each other in some ghosttown sometime!

: Keep yore powder dry!

: -Turkey Creek

Ghosttowns.com
01-04-2000, 11:51 AM

: : Texas Jess was truly at home on the Slaughter Ranch...hopefully some day he'll have his wedding there!!!

: : : well, there isn't much more i can say to follow-up coach bodie's and levi's message. i did have a great time, though. we saw some things that coach and i did not get a chance to see last year. the hotel was just cool.

: : : what i don't understand is why the o.k. corral had to build a wall and bleachers for their reenactments. also, what is with the music. don't get me wrong, the gunfight was true and cool, but the music was a little wierd.

: : : i think we can call ourselves true "earpomaniacs" now! we know where the monument is...

: Hey,

: forgot to ask whether you ever made it to Guadelupe (Skeleton) Canyon? It has been commonly known as Skeleton Canyon, right around the turn of the last century. I have sent in some pics and a narrative on it and it should be posted soon under Cochise County. You can also find pics of it at the URL I have provided.

: "Trust Everyone, But Always Cut The Cards"

Ghosttowns.com
01-04-2000, 11:52 AM

: Hey,

: forgot to ask whether you ever made it to Guadelupe (Skeleton) Canyon? It has been commonly known as Skeleton Canyon, right around the turn of the last century. I have sent in some pics and a narrative on it and it should be posted soon under Cochise County. You can also find pics of it at the URL I have provided.

: "Trust Everyone, But Always Cut The Cards"