PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about red rover

JeepinAZ
04-17-2009, 02:12 PM
:pwe heard about RED ROVER, AZ, yes the old ghost town that I have seen people on here give reference too, but never really gotten any responses.
My husband and I, love exploring ghost towns...for not only the history but b/c its a hobby of ours.
We know that there is a caretaker there at the town {is he friendly??}, from what we have been reading. we just hate going onto other peoples property without their premission...
For anyone that has been there RECENTLY or has been there at all within the past couple months or can tell us anything about GETTING THERE would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

old judge
04-21-2009, 12:28 PM
I just reviewed a number of posts here and believe, and I certainly could be wrong, that I could find Red Rover if I had a mind to. There are all kinds of directions, clues, ideas, and tools in these posts. I don't mean, as my post in another thread might indicate, that you are unwelcome here, or are being denied Directions, in a forum that clearly says "Directions"......Just hang in, do your homework. Just a thought. OJ (On the Trail to Oregon)

DirtyDog
04-22-2009, 10:22 AM
LOCATING THE RED ROVER MINE (or any place within the USA)

Go to the ASSESSORS OFFICE (AO). They have the owner's names of ALL PROPERTY within their county. They have EXACT directions, and can give you name, address of owners.

In the center of section 28, Township 8N., Range 5E. Maricopa County, AZ. Given this location the AO can pinpoint your property. They have all sorts of maps available including aerial which you can purchase. The Information is free. Maps may cost a few cents.

OJ: what do you mean "On the trail to Oregon"? You coming to Oregon?

old judge
04-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Say Dog... You say "comin' to"; I'd say "goin' to". The great Northwest. Spent a number of years in and over Washington and Oregon in the 60s and 70s. Love it...But I'm headed for the Chateau, 'cause 'o family issues. I'm just startin' out. Thought I'd get there late Fall. Now I'm thinkin' Fall, 2010. Depends to some extent on ol' Ringworm. OJ (On the Trail)

JeepinAZ
05-15-2009, 11:10 AM
[QUOTE=old judge;39621]I don't mean, as my post in another thread might indicate, that you are unwelcome here, or are being denied Directions, in a forum that clearly says "Directions"QUOTE]

OJ...
sure has been feeling that way, thats why I havent came back and logged in much on this forum.
I have seen other replies/comments about how "certain" people on here know how to get there and they say just to ask, and when I do I get shoved off...screw 'em, I personally think that they know how to get there and dont want to say anything or they simply CLAIM they know but they really dont. I am sure we will find it one day its just going to take patience and time. In the meanwhile, we will go other places and see where it leads us...

old judge
05-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Jeepin..Fact is, I at one time did some research on this issue, and felt, at one point, that I could locate the Red Rover. I might have been wrong, but, as I recall, I searched old posts and did my own thing. Didn't seem too tough. I ain't no Rocket Scientist. Just an old broken down lawyer. I think it can still be done, but I have no real inclination to recover my tracks. Good Luck. Oh, and some folks here are more helpful than others. It's a personal thing, and definitely not a character flaw. I don't think. Old Judge