PDA

View Full Version : RV Park proposed for Bodie!!

Ghosttowns.com
01-07-2000, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Lewis Shorb

: Just thought I would pass this along to everybody.

: I wonder whats next, a "PEP Boys Auto Parts Store" at Panamint City, or a McDonalds at Rhyolite!

: Overview:

: l Revised Project Description

: The proposed Bodie Hills RV Park is located on approximately 13 acres adjacent to Hwy. 270 (the Bodie Road) in Clearwater Creek Canyon. The project site is part of a larger 155 acre private parcel. The project will include the following components:

:

: a. General Store/Motel Complex (General Store, Office, Restrooms, 10 Motel Units);

: b. Old West Museum (600 sf);

: c. Recreational Vehicle Park (32 spaces total; 21 back-in spaces, 11 pull through spaces. Reduced from a previous total of 39 spaces. The size of the back-in RV spaces [previously 20' x 40'] now varies from a minimum of 12' x 25' to a maximum of 20' x 40' depending on location; the size of the pull through RV spaces [previously 20' x 60'] now varies from a minimum of 15' x 50' to a maximum of 20' x 70' depending on location.);

: d. Recreational Vehicle Park Restroom/Laundromat/Shower Building (800 sf);

: e. Camping Cabins (8 units, each 300 sf, no electricity or indoor plumbing);

: f. Camping Cabins Restroom/Laundromat/Shower Building (800 sf);

: g. Tent Camping Area (14 primitive camping spaces);

: h. Tent Camping Restroom Building with Water Spigot (300 sf);

: i. Two Single Family Employee Residences on the north bluff (2,050 sf each).

:

:

: All of the RV spaces and tent camping spaces will be located on the south side of Clearwater Creek. The camping cabins will be located on the north side of Hwy. 270. On-site roads and parking areas will be gravel (except for handicapped spaces). Three roadway bridges and one pedestrian bridge will cross Clearwater Creek. Landscaping and fencing will be used to screen project components from view.

: To find out more:

: http://www.desert-suvivors.org

: Lewis

Ghosttowns.com
01-07-2000, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Coach Bodie

: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

:

: : Just thought I would pass this along to everybody.

: : I wonder whats next, a "PEP Boys Auto Parts Store" at Panamint City, or a McDonalds at Rhyolite!

: : Overview:

: : l Revised Project Description

: : The proposed Bodie Hills RV Park is located on approximately 13 acres adjacent to Hwy. 270 (the Bodie Road) in Clearwater Creek Canyon. The project site is part of a larger 155 acre private parcel. The project will include the following components:

: :

: : a. General Store/Motel Complex (General Store, Office, Restrooms, 10 Motel Units);

: : b. Old West Museum (600 sf);

: : c. Recreational Vehicle Park (32 spaces total; 21 back-in spaces, 11 pull through spaces. Reduced from a previous total of 39 spaces. The size of the back-in RV spaces [previously 20' x 40'] now varies from a minimum of 12' x 25' to a maximum of 20' x 40' depending on location; the size of the pull through RV spaces [previously 20' x 60'] now varies from a minimum of 15' x 50' to a maximum of 20' x 70' depending on location.);

: : d. Recreational Vehicle Park Restroom/Laundromat/Shower Building (800 sf);

: : e. Camping Cabins (8 units, each 300 sf, no electricity or indoor plumbing);

: : f. Camping Cabins Restroom/Laundromat/Shower Building (800 sf);

: : g. Tent Camping Area (14 primitive camping spaces);

: : h. Tent Camping Restroom Building with Water Spigot (300 sf);

: : i. Two Single Family Employee Residences on the north bluff (2,050 sf each).

: : All of the RV spaces and tent camping spaces will be located on the south side of Clearwater Creek. The camping cabins will be located on the north side of Hwy. 270. On-site roads and parking areas will be gravel (except for handicapped spaces). Three roadway bridges and one pedestrian bridge will cross Clearwater Creek. Landscaping and fencing will be used to screen project components from view.

: : To find out more:

: : http://www.desert-suvivors.org

: : Lewis

Ghosttowns.com
01-12-2000, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by jeff mcmillan

: I say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to it needs to stay just the way it is right now so i hope somebody stops this me and my family love to go to bodie and look into the past with out a butch of rv's and tourist: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

: : : Just thought I would pass this along to everybody.

: : : I wonder whats next, a "PEP Boys Auto Parts Store" at Panamint City, or a McDonalds at Rhyolite!

: : : Overview:

: : : l Revised Project Description

: : : The proposed Bodie Hills RV Park is located on approximately 13 acres adjacent to Hwy. 270 (the Bodie Road) in Clearwater Creek Canyon. The project site is part of a larger 155 acre private parcel. The project will include the following components:

: : :

: : : a. General Store/Motel Complex (General Store, Office, Restrooms, 10 Motel Units);

: : : b. Old West Museum (600 sf);

: : : c. Recreational Vehicle Park (32 spaces total; 21 back-in spaces, 11 pull through spaces. Reduced from a previous total of 39 spaces. The size of the back-in RV spaces [previously 20' x 40'] now varies from a minimum of 12' x 25' to a maximum of 20' x 40' depending on location; the size of the pull through RV spaces [previously 20' x 60'] now varies from a minimum of 15' x 50' to a maximum of 20' x 70' depending on location.);

: : : d. Recreational Vehicle Park Restroom/Laundromat/Shower Building (800 sf);

: : : e. Camping Cabins (8 units, each 300 sf, no electricity or indoor plumbing);

: : : f. Camping Cabins Restroom/Laundromat/Shower Building (800 sf);

: : : g. Tent Camping Area (14 primitive camping spaces);

: : : h. Tent Camping Restroom Building with Water Spigot (300 sf);

: : : i. Two Single Family Employee Residences on the north bluff (2,050 sf each).

: : : All of the RV spaces and tent camping spaces will be located on the south side of Clearwater Creek. The camping cabins will be located on the north side of Hwy. 270. On-site roads and parking areas will be gravel (except for handicapped spaces). Three roadway bridges and one pedestrian bridge will cross Clearwater Creek. Landscaping and fencing will be used to screen project components from view.

: : : To find out more:

: : : http://www.desert-suvivors.org

: : : Lewis

Ghosttowns.com
01-22-2000, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Stephen F. Rich

: : Just thought I would pass this along to everybody.

: : I wonder whats next, a "PEP Boys Auto Parts Store" at Panamint City, or a McDonalds at Rhyolite!

: : Overview:

: : l Revised Project Description

: : The proposed Bodie Hills RV Park is located on approximately 13 acres adjacent to Hwy. 270 (the Bodie Road) in Clearwater Creek Canyon. The project site is part of a larger 155 acre private parcel. The project will include the following components:

: : a. General Store/Motel Complex (General Store, Office, Restrooms, 10 Motel Units);

: : b. Old West Museum (600 sf);

: : c. Recreational Vehicle Park (32 spaces total; 21 back-in spaces, 11 pull through spaces. Reduced from a previous total of 39 spaces. The size of the back-in RV spaces [previously 20' x 40'] now varies from a minimum of 12' x 25' to a maximum of 20' x 40' depending on location; the size of the pull through RV spaces [previously 20' x 60'] now varies from a minimum of 15' x 50' to a maximum of 20' x 70' depending on location.);

: : d. Recreational Vehicle Park Restroom/Laundromat/Shower Building (800 sf);

: : e. Camping Cabins (8 units, each 300 sf, no electricity or indoor plumbing);

: : f. Camping Cabins Restroom/Laundromat/Shower Building (800 sf);

: : g. Tent Camping Area (14 primitive camping spaces);

: : h. Tent Camping Restroom Building with Water Spigot (300 sf);

: : i. Two Single Family Employee Residences on the north bluff (2,050 sf each).

: : All of the RV spaces and tent camping spaces will be located on the south side of Clearwater Creek. The camping cabins will be located on the north side of Hwy. 270. On-site roads and parking areas will be gravel (except for handicapped spaces). Three roadway bridges and one pedestrian bridge will cross Clearwater Creek. Landscaping and fencing will be used to screen project components from view.

: : To find out more:

: : http://www.desert-suvivors.org

: : Lewis

: It is obvious to all lovers of Bodie that an RV park will have a serious negative impact on this incredible Historic Mining Town. I must assume that the California State Parks Dept are not in favor of the proposed RV park but they be somewhat powerless to stop construction. So It's going to be up to us as Ghost Town lovers to bring our feelings into play. I suggest that we all write letters of protest to the City Council of Mono County (Bodie is in Mono County?)and the local Planning Commission, The State Parks Dept, The Governers Office,The Friends of Bodie, etc, etc. Draft a positive letter and stick to the facts. The same letter can be sent to any and all the appropriate agencies. Be sure to indicate to whom copies were sent. Also contact all your friends and have them do the same. It's suprising how effective public opinion can be but it must be done soon and in force. Zoning changes have to go through due process but the window of opportunity is narrow...and it may not work but if we do nothing then we can be assured the RV park will become a reality. Use the links on the web to contact our overseas friends and have them do the same. Bodie recently won the fight against the proposed open pit mine by lobbying and we can do it again!!! This is an election year!! Ghost Town Photographers Stephen & Casey