PDA

View Full Version : Question about posts delays?

Jacob "Shifty Eyed" Waltz
11-06-2009, 07:53 AM
I noticed that my posts have to be approved by a moderator prior to be live on the board.
Do you have to have a certain amount of posts before your post will automatically be live?
I am sure this is to weed out unfriendly posters, inappropriate or nasty posts, but thought I would ask.

Darin
11-06-2009, 07:36 PM
I noticed that my posts have to be approved by a moderator prior to be live on the board.
Do you have to have a certain amount of posts before your post will automatically be live?
I am sure this is to weed out unfriendly posters, inappropriate or nasty posts, but thought I would ask.
You're almost there! And you are correct about weeding out the spammers. :D

11-09-2009, 12:20 PM
You're almost there! And you are correct about weeding out the spammers. :D

Thanks for the reply :D

ghost_town_huntress
11-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Yep, to weed out spammers. Just bide your time. Welcome aboard.

45-70Ranger
11-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the reply :D
See you're there !
Welcome ! :D

11-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Thanks everyone, I am glad I finally get to see my post go instantly live :D

bad bob
11-16-2009, 01:03 PM
No problem...just glad yer not a miserable, low-life, scum-suckin', rotten, annoying, irritating spammer! :)

CURSE TO ALL SPAMMERS!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Darin
11-16-2009, 05:46 PM
The only reason BB does not like spam is because this is what happened to his last computer 4038 while he was drinking coffee from his favorite mug. 4039

J/K BB! :D

bad bob
11-17-2009, 03:33 PM
The only reason BB does not like spam is because this is what happened to his last computer 4038 while he was drinking coffee from his favorite mug. 4039

J/K BB! :D

Blecccch! :o

JoeZona
11-17-2009, 03:59 PM
That's my favorite breakfast while out gt'ing...spam & eggs & a nice cold beer :D

Darin
11-17-2009, 05:05 PM
That's my favorite breakfast while out gt'ing...spam & eggs & a nice cold beer :DI don't remember any of that while at Monte Cristo...but the lunch in Granite Falls was superb!!! :D

JoeZona
11-17-2009, 05:35 PM
See what happens when you sleep in and miss breakfast :p

Hey I saw the road we took up there is closed until spring...we don't worry too much about any of that silly white stuff down here like you all do :rolleyes:...that was sure a good explore with you all up there!

So we're going camping out at the Grey Horse this weekend, already got the Spam (three cans! woo hoo!) and eggs and beer packed :D

Darin
11-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Guess I'll just have to cook up some spam and eggs and finish that book while camping in my recliner...see, we don't worry about the silly white stuff either! :p

JoeZona
11-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Yeah, well...well...maybe I'll just take my recliner out camping at the Grey Horse and eat my Spam and eggs sitting in there! :p

AND have a nice cold beer. HA!

Darin
11-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Yeah, well...well...I hope you spill your beer in your lap, the ants carry off the spam from your plate, and your recliner breaks...

SO THERE!!!! :p

JoeZona
11-17-2009, 07:23 PM
You're just jealous :p

Mmmmm...Breakfast....Spam 'n eggs...n beer YUMMY! :D

I'll be thinkin' of ya...Mmmmmmm...breakfast is the best meal of the day....

Don't you need to shovel out the driveway??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Darin
11-17-2009, 07:28 PM
You're just jealous :p

Mmmmm...Breakfast....Spam 'n eggs...n beer YUMMY! :D

I'll be thinkin' of ya...Mmmmmmm...breakfast is the best meal of the day....Yes I am!!! Hope you have a great time camping and don't forget to post lots of pics so we can all see what we're missing. ;)

11-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Fried spam and fried rice are great! They are a bit salty together, but still good eating at the end of a hard day ;)

Mel
05-04-2011, 07:43 AM
ZOMBIE thread! I was wondering the same thing.
I'm not new to forums, and I guess I'm impatient. I want responses to my questions NOW, darn those mods! This post will make me one post closer to non-mod'd threads. :p

I can't stand SPAM, nobody knows what it's made of/from. Or maybe I was scarred as a kid, having to eat those gross fried spam sammiches.

El Burro Camaro
03-25-2013, 03:52 PM
I know that I'm dredging this up a couple years past, but exactly how many posts does it take to start a thread without Mod approval? :confused:

El Burro Camaro
03-25-2013, 04:09 PM
I know that I'm dredging this up a couple years past, but exactly how many posts does it take to start a thread without Mod approval? :confused:

Apparently not 10...

Ghosttowns.com
03-25-2013, 10:46 PM
You dont need mod approval anymore. We have switched to a question and answer system. Provided you are human and can answer the questions you should be able to post immediately :) - prior to this the amount of spam made the forum simply unusable and un moderatable for less then 3 people working full time and this is a free site so no one had the time to do this. Hopefully this new system will continue to work well.

El Burro Camaro
03-26-2013, 04:09 AM
You dont need mod approval anymore. We have switched to a question and answer system. Provided you are human and can answer the questions you should be able to post immediately :) - prior to this the amount of spam made the forum simply unusable and un moderatable for less then 3 people working full time and this is a free site so no one had the time to do this. Hopefully this new system will continue to work well.

Just saw your reply. I noticed that the two ghost town threads I posted also finally populated too. Cool deal, I look forward to posting more. Sorry about the duplicates, it took me awhile to figure out what was going on.

El Burro Camaro
03-31-2013, 07:05 AM
Looks like I've been stricken by the post/thread delay bug again. I have several of my albums...namely Amboy, CA, Goldfield, AZ and Tortilla Flat, AZ locked up awaiting mod approval. Is there a formula that I'm missing that causes this sometimes? When I post it the site seems to require mod approval about 10-20% of the time.

Ghosttowns.com
04-03-2013, 08:25 AM
I cant find anything thats making it do that - does it say anything to you when you try to post but its being moderated?

El Burro Camaro
04-03-2013, 08:28 AM
I cant find anything thats making it do that - does it say anything to you when you try to post but its being moderated?

Basically its completely random. Most of the time the site lets me post a thread or comment no problem but every once in awhile it will show a message after I click post "Thank you for posting, your comment will not appear until a moderator has approved it." I thought that I might be double clicking the posts/thread post icon too many times but it wasn't that. Maybe its how I'm wording things in the posts that's raising a flag for Mod approval?