PDA

View Full Version : No Search?

SnapShot
01-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Is it just me, or am I going crazy? (in which case it would still be me) I tried finding all the posts about Calico, so I could follow them from start to end, Entered calico and it says "no match" so I tried Wisconsin, no match. http://pages.prodigy.net/mycroft-holmes/icons/doh.gif Does Anything match?

I swear there used to be some messages for Rush Arkansas? I search for Arkansas and get the latest on wine coming to Wallmart?

Could you add the Title to the search, or tell me how to use that, instead of searching only the body of text?

JoeZona
01-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Nope. I can confirm you're not going crazy...at least searching on the forums, anyway.
I made a comment about the search function not working in the Christmas thread, where I found the same thing you did. "No match", when you know there should be many matches.
Then you have to "Wait 30 seconds between searches", as if adding insult to injury. Search is broken - BIG TIME!
I'm sure Darin and his cohorts are hot on the issues.
LOL

PS Calico is in California
LOL

Darin
01-08-2010, 06:35 PM
I am??? I didn't know it was even broken! Guess I'll have to write Gary about it. I'll get right on that...February looks open.

JoeZona
01-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Napping again, Darin???
LOL

Darin
01-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Nope, hibernating...it's winter!

JoeZona
01-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Yeah well maybe you ought to get your lazy b u t t outside and get some wood to put on the fire!

Darin
01-08-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm just gonna sit here and enjoy my Exlax and battery operated mittins that Don sent me.

skyblue58us
01-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Do any of you know anything about the ghosttowns in Arkansas. The one I am most interested in is Pilot Hill, Arkansas. Salem took out this town and I need to know what happen to this town.
Sandy

JoeZona
01-08-2010, 07:48 PM
I'm just gonna sit here and enjoy my Exlax and battery operated mittins that Don sent me.

Please pass my condolences on to Teresa.

Darin
01-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Oh, I'll pass somethin' alright!

GaryB
01-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Seems a glitch in the updated software is causing the search function to slowly update the search function. I guess it's trying to learn the way we search, so it only shows posts made since the update. It appears it either fixes itself over time or from us doing a constant refresh of the search memory in the control panel. We'll see if the next update (sometime soon) will fix the bugs.

I noticed using the "advanced search" (click on it below the search field on the forum header of any page) to be a better choice for now. Enter your search word(s) in the Keyword(s) field at the top. Go to the bottom and you'll see a field labeled "Find Posts". Select your "last visit" and "older" in the drop down menus. Doing this I found posts clear back to the board's beginning.

SnapShot
01-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the help, and yes, that advanced search and click on the bottom right worked. Small adjustment but it works, that's perfect.

Seems a glitch in the updated software is causing the search function to slowly update the search function. I guess it's trying to learn the way we search, so it only shows posts made since the update. It appears it either fixes itself over time or from us doing a constant refresh of the search memory in the control panel. We'll see if the next update (sometime soon) will fix the bugs.

I noticed using the "advanced search" (click on it below the search field on the forum header of any page) to be a better choice for now. Enter your search word(s) in the Keyword(s) field at the top. Go to the bottom and you'll see a field labeled "Find Posts". Select your "last visit" and "older" in the drop down menus. Doing this I found posts clear back to the board's beginning.

GaryB
01-13-2010, 08:17 AM
The regular "quick" search seems to be working now, at least for me. For anyone not having any luck, try the advanced search first. It might have to remember how you like to search before it works right.