PDA

View Full Version : Gettin' there is part of the fun - White Cross, Colorado - Part 1

dwinslow
02-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Now it's on to White Cross, Colorado. Road's a little rough but the scenery along the way makes it all worthwhile. Sometimes the trip to get there is just as good as the town it's self. They'll be more photos to post on this place in the next few days.

Well this ridiculous new posting format has done it again and reversed and otherwise changed the sequence of the photos I posted. I put them in order and it just inserts them in a random sequence. :p

Darin
02-15-2010, 10:44 AM
"Road's a little rough but the scenery along the way makes it all worthwhile. Sometimes the trip to get there is just as good as the town it's self."

http://forums.ghosttowns.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5258&stc=1&d=1266253363

When Joe and Vulture said to take the river route, I don't think they meant drive IN the river all the way up? :D

Great scenery for sure!

speedy
02-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Simply beautiful, thanks, Don........Speedy

dwinslow
02-16-2010, 03:11 PM
Simply beautiful, thanks, Don........Speedy

Thanks Speedy. Glad yur enjoying them. There's nothing quite like Colorado for scenery.

Fordwheeler
02-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Beutifull pics. Must be amazing in person.

Norman Johnson
02-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Makes a man's heart glow warm to see photos like these, Don. The aspen is an interesting species. They do not sprout from seed. In a lab, a person can cause them to sprout; but, in nature, they only sprout during periods of cold---ice ages. It has been thousands of years since aspen sprouted on the slopes of the Rockies. Normally they propagate from shoots. An aspen forest is actually one plant, thousands of years old.

NJ

dwinslow
02-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Makes a man's heart glow warm to see photos like these, Don.NJ

Well lookie who showed up. Dang, NJ, where ya been? Thought maybe ya went to.............and the hogs ate ya. (You know the old saying). Yup, there ain't nuttin' like a Colorado aspen forest. Nice ta see ya back NJ.

Norman Johnson
02-16-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm around. Don't count me out.

NJ