PDA

View Full Version : Spring 2010 Low Desert> 3-12---21

The Chloridane Kid
03-03-2010, 12:11 AM
Posting to see if other adventures will be heading out to the South West Deserts for the short but this year viberant spring. I'm starting out in The Borrego round about 3-13 as spring there will end shortly there after, then it's off to So-Cal and AZ for Ghost Towning, hot springs, camping and other activities as the mood strikes. Somewere in there The Panamint is a must. With the posibility of wind and rain I'll hole up in the Jail or some such. Would love to hear of other good Hole Ups, Hide Outs, and Hole in the Walls, share stories and tell lies. Be out and about till 3-20, post if your headed out too & maybe some ghost towners can have a rendezvous or two. This spring will be extra special due to the rains--flowers, brilliant cacti and the possibility to kayak Death and or Panamint Valley-don't happin every year!:cool:

Tyroler
03-05-2010, 05:56 PM
may be in August in Washington or Januar in Arizona

Norman Johnson
03-07-2010, 03:19 PM
The Inyo's with a coat of white stuff. I'll be in Panamint Valley most of late March and early April up against the Argus. I am determined to camp at a number of spots around 2,600 feet between the Slate Range crossing and the Minnietta.

NJ

The Chloridane Kid
03-07-2010, 10:40 PM
That White stuff reminds me to caution newbees to spring time in the low desert. Dry lake and dry creeks are now wet ones-and sunshine and warm weather can cause waterlevels to rise on a sunny day. So if crossing streams and playas one should remember that water levels can come up- make sure you have a way to get back!

Jacob "Shifty Eyed" Waltz
05-10-2010, 07:19 AM
That White stuff reminds me to caution newbees to spring time in the low desert. Dry lake and dry creeks are now wet ones-and sunshine and warm weather can cause waterlevels to rise on a sunny day. So if crossing streams and playas one should remember that water levels can come up- make sure you have a way to get back!

Are you from Chloride? Just curious ;)