PDA

View Full Version : Ghosttown App

Brian
12-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Not sure if this has been posted before. There is an app available for locations of ghosttowns and directions available for phones that support apps. It is called Allstays Ghost Towns. Users are able to submit info on ghosttowns. Not as good as this site, however it can be a useful tool.

Brian

Darin
12-02-2011, 03:42 PM
That reminds me...I need to check the apps for something along those lines for my Galaxy Tab. Thanks for the reminder Bob!!! :)

GaryB
12-04-2011, 09:52 PM
There is a Google map app that is handy and I have found nearby sites on it. Unless you don't have cell service, which for me is quite common around here. But I sometimes like it that way.

Anyway, the app is more or less the internet mapsite Google has.

deathvalleyjim
12-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Most be for Iphones as I don't see it in the Android marketplace.

asutherland
12-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Most be for Iphones as I don't see it in the Android marketplace.

Too bad :(

There is however a handy app for Android called Androzic - awesome GPS mapping utility that will read OziExplorer mapsets (ie. Backroads Mapbooks) It's also free!

TheLaptopCub
04-11-2012, 04:52 PM
I have a few issues with this app. For starters, the GPS function isn't all that helpful -- towns are plunked onto the map whether they're correctly placed or not. Apparently a town in Colorado, according to the app, is closed to the Wisconsin-Illinois border. There's no way to state that facts given aren't correct -- there are, for example, TWO towns in Illinois with the name Anderson, one of which is a former settlement, but the map gives the OTHER Anderson as the ghost town.

I love the CONCEPT, but the execution is shaky, certainly.