PDA

View Full Version : Help with the forum?

asutherland
01-04-2012, 10:19 AM
I have a pretty extensive IT background, and a couple years experience administrating (and modifying) a PHPBB forum. If the admins/mods of this site need any assistance with anything, just ask :cool:

Andrew

sbruce
04-01-2012, 09:10 PM
There is nothing there at the mo so call is a "ghost" forum!

bob3 was bob2
04-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Good luck Steve.

sbruce
04-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Good luck Steve.

Thanks Bob I looked at your forum and its pretty interesting, I especially like your photographic album, tons of good pics in there! Apparently the software you are using has an advantage with the picture albums. The reason I chose myBB is that it was the easiest s/w to get going, and looked as much like the ghosttowns.com forum as I could find so members would be comfortable with a similar format. I also did not want to have any advertising on the site even though the hosting fees do come around every year and they are not trivial. Since we seem to have the same idea to provide a - ahem - "better" forum, I wonder if there is some way we can collaborate?

bob3 was bob2
04-05-2012, 06:48 AM
Thanks Bob I looked at your forum and its pretty interesting, I especially like your photographic album, tons of good pics in there! Apparently the software you are using has an advantage with the picture albums. The reason I chose myBB is that it was the easiest s/w to get going, and looked as much like the ghosttowns.com forum as I could find so members would be comfortable with a similar format. I also did not want to have any advertising on the site even though the hosting fees do come around every year and they are not trivial. Since we seem to have the same idea to provide a - ahem - "better" forum, I wonder if there is some way we can collaborate?

Thanks for the kind comments about the forums Steve. I just use that forum software because I am familiar with it since I have been using it for almost 10 years now and had an extra license laying around. I just wanted to have a place to post about all my hobbies and interests and decided to make a forum out of it. I have my own dedicated server, so it was just a matter of throwing them up and posting.

I used to spend countless hours on this site when it was active, but unfortunately the activity level here has really gone down. I come back here occasionally to see if anything changed, but it continues to limp along. I hope this forum gets active again since summer is coming.

Your site is off to a great start already. You have some active members and active posts, which I have found is the hardest part to getting a new forum going. I would love to collaborate with you.

Thanks again for the feedback.