PDA

View Full Version : GPS and Maps

Ghosttowns.com
07-16-1998, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Lewis Shorb

: Hi everybody,
: Just wanted to share the following,
: I use Delormes Street Atlas 4.0 software with their tripmate GPS unit (both $150.00) on a laptop, its great because it shows a visual bread crumb trail as you go down the road, and shows old dirt roads and mines and most ghosttowns, I never get lost with this, it also reports evalation, lat & lon, heading, and speed.
: They just came out with a topo program called TOPO USA that works the same way using USGS topos (on 4 CDs), I just ordered mine ($99.00), I can't wait till it arrives.
: Best of Luck,
: Lewis Shorb

Ghosttowns.com
09-17-1998, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Tim Barr

: : Hi everybody,
: : Just wanted to share the following,
: : I use Delormes Street Atlas 4.0 software with their tripmate GPS unit (both $150.00) on a laptop, its great because it shows a visual bread crumb trail as you go down the road, and shows old dirt roads and mines and most ghosttowns, I never get lost with this, it also reports evalation, lat & lon, heading, and speed.
: : They just came out with a topo program called TOPO USA that works the same way using USGS topos (on 4 CDs), I just ordered mine ($99.00), I can't wait till it arrives.
: : Best of Luck,
: : Lewis Shorb
: Do you know if they have a hand held unit that gets
: from one address to another ? Tim Barr tsbarrr@sprintmail.com

Ghosttowns.com
01-15-1999, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by george carson

: travroute's door to door copilot will bring you well .... door to door for $199. including a gps reciever for your laptop.