PDA

View Full Version : directions to ghost towns in NM

Ghosttowns.com
04-08-2000, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Evan O'Keefe

: I'm looking for directions to ghost towns in New Mexico. Senorito, La Ventana, Bland, Albermrle, and Cabezan all in Sandoval County. Also, Alire in Rio Arriba county. And Clarkville and Breece in McKinley county. Oh, and Alcatraz in San Juan county. Also if anyone has contact information on the people who own the property that Bland and Cabazen are on, that would greatly be appreciated. (I believe I spelled these right, my hand writing is horrible so it's hard to read!) thanks

: erokeefe@cswebmail.com

Ghosttowns.com
05-29-2000, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by ken

: : I'm looking for directions to ghost towns in New Mexico. Senorito, La Ventana, Bland, Albermrle, and Cabezan all in Sandoval County. Also, Alire in Rio Arriba county. And Clarkville and Breece in McKinley county. Oh, and Alcatraz in San Juan county. Also if anyone has contact information on the people who own the property that Bland and Cabazen are on, that would greatly be appreciated. (I believe I spelled these right, my hand writing is horrible so it's hard to read!) thanks

: : erokeefe@cswebmail.com

: BLAND IS OFF OF THE FOREST ROAD THAT GOES FROM COCHITI MESA TO COCHITI, I BELIEVE THAT IT IS FOREST ROAD NO. 22, BUT THATS A GUESS AS I RECENTLY MOVED AND ALL MY MAPS ARE IN STORAGE. GOING FROM THE ALB. SIDE YOU WOULD FOLLOW A CREEK ALONG THE BOTTOM OF A CANYON FOR QUITE A WHILE, THE ROAD TAKES A SHARP BEND AND STARTS TO CLIMB OUT OF THE CANYON AT A 10' CHAIN LINK FENCE, BEHIND THAT FENCE IS BLAND. THERE IS NOT MUCH LEFT OF ALBEMARLE, IT IS A FEW MILES SOUTH OF BLAND IN COLLA CANYON AND I BELIEVE YOU WOULD HAVE TO HIKE IN.

: LA VENTANA IS LOCATED APPROX 14 MILES SOUTH OF CUBA ON NM 44, LOOK FOR THE EL NIDO BAR.

: THE TOWN OF CABEZON IS LOCATED BELOW CABEZON PEAK, TAKE NM 44 NORTH FROM ALB. TO NM 279, TAKE A LEFT AND FOLLOW SIGNS TO CABEZON PEAK, THE TOWN IS PRIVATELY OWNED AND FENCED OFF LIKE BLAND BUT YOU CAN LOOK DOWN ON IT FROM CABEZON PEAK IF YOU'RE FEELING ENERGETIC, IT'S ABOUT A 2000 FOOT CLIMB.

: I BELIEVE THAT SENORITO IS LOCATED OFF FOREST SERVICE ROAD 126 ABOUT 4 MILES OUTSIDE OF CUBA BUT I HAVE NEVER TRACTED THE EXACT LOCATION DOWN.

: CLARKVILLE WAS JUST A COAL MINING CAMP NEAR GALLUP AND I DON'T KNOW IT'S EXACT LOCATION.

: I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE OTHER TWO SITES YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.

Ghosttowns.com
08-19-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by elaine_pomar

: : : I'm looking for directions to ghost towns in New Mexico. Senorito, La Ventana, Bland, Albermrle, and Cabezan all in Sandoval County. Also, Alire in Rio Arriba county. And Clarkville and Breece in McKinley county. Oh, and Alcatraz in San Juan county. Also if anyone has contact information on the people who own the property that Bland and Cabazen are on, that would greatly be appreciated. (I believe I spelled these right, my hand writing is horrible so it's hard to read!) thanks
: : : erokeefe@cswebmail.com

: : BLAND IS OFF OF THE FOREST ROAD THAT GOES FROM COCHITI MESA TO COCHITI, I BELIEVE THAT IT IS FOREST ROAD NO. 22, BUT THATS A GUESS AS I RECENTLY MOVED AND ALL MY MAPS ARE IN STORAGE. GOING FROM THE ALB. SIDE YOU WOULD FOLLOW A CREEK ALONG THE BOTTOM OF A CANYON FOR QUITE A WHILE, THE ROAD TAKES A SHARP BEND AND STARTS TO CLIMB OUT OF THE CANYON AT A 10' CHAIN LINK FENCE, BEHIND THAT FENCE IS BLAND. THERE IS NOT MUCH LEFT OF ALBEMARLE, IT IS A FEW MILES SOUTH OF BLAND IN COLLA CANYON AND I BELIEVE YOU WOULD HAVE TO HIKE IN.
: : LA VENTANA IS LOCATED APPROX 14 MILES SOUTH OF CUBA ON NM 44, LOOK FOR THE EL NIDO BAR.
: : THE TOWN OF CABEZON IS LOCATED BELOW CABEZON PEAK, TAKE NM 44 NORTH FROM ALB. TO NM 279, TAKE A LEFT AND FOLLOW SIGNS TO CABEZON PEAK, THE TOWN IS PRIVATELY OWNED AND FENCED OFF LIKE BLAND BUT YOU CAN LOOK DOWN ON IT FROM CABEZON PEAK IF YOU'RE FEELING ENERGETIC, IT'S ABOUT A 2000 FOOT CLIMB.
: : I BELIEVE THAT SENORITO IS LOCATED OFF FOREST SERVICE ROAD 126 ABOUT 4 MILES OUTSIDE OF CUBA BUT I HAVE NEVER TRACTED THE EXACT LOCATION DOWN.
: : CLARKVILLE WAS JUST A COAL MINING CAMP NEAR GALLUP AND I DON'T KNOW IT'S EXACT LOCATION.
: : I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE OTHER TWO SITES YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.