PDA

View Full Version : WHO'S GOING TO THE RALLY?

Ghosttowns.com
04-15-2000, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Cat and Ripley

: HI THERE! WAS WONDERING WHO IS PLANNING ON GOING TO THE GHOST TOWN RALLY THIS MEMORIAL WEEKEND AT GOLD POINT? RIPLEY AND I WILL BE THERE AND WE CANT WAIT!

Ghosttowns.com
04-15-2000, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by SHERIFF STONE

:

: : HI THERE! WAS WONDERING WHO IS PLANNING ON

: GOING TO THE GHOST TOWN RALLY THIS MEMORIAL

: WEEKEND AT GOLD POINT? RIPLEY AND I WILL BE THERE

: AND WE CANT WAIT!

: HELLO CAT AND RIPLEY. THIS IS OLD SHERIFF STONE HERE SAYING WELCOME ABOARD. I'VE GOT LOTS OF THINGS PLANNED FOR THE RALLY. THE BLUE CANYON GANG FROM SACRAMENTO IS COMING TO GOLD POINT SO THERE LOOKS LIKE THERE WILL BE LOTS OF SHOOTOUTS ALONG WITH THE OTHER ACTIVITIES. BRING LOTS OF FILM. SEE YA LATER PARDNER.

Ghosttowns.com
04-16-2000, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Joe

: No offense to Sheriff Stone, but is anyone else dissapointed in the "Calicozation" of this years rally? Mock gunfights and all?

:

: : HI THERE! WAS WONDERING WHO IS PLANNING ON GOING TO THE GHOST TOWN RALLY THIS MEMORIAL WEEKEND AT GOLD POINT? RIPLEY AND I WILL BE THERE AND WE CANT WAIT!

Ghosttowns.com
04-16-2000, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by SHERIFF STONE

:

: : No offense to Sheriff Stone, but is anyone else dissapointed in the "Calicozation" of this years rally? Mock gunfights and all?

: :

: : : HI THERE! WAS WONDERING WHO IS PLANNING ON GOING TO THE GHOST TOWN RALLY THIS MEMORIAL WEEKEND AT GOLD POINT? RIPLEY AND I WILL BE THERE AND WE CANT WAIT!

: NO OFFENSE TAKEN PARDNER, BUT WHAT IS IT YOU WERE EXPECTING OR LOOKING FOR? WHAT EVER IT IS I CAN ASSURE YOU GOLD POINT HAS IT. WE ARE THE FARTHEST THING FROM A CALICO. FOR THOSE WHO DON'T WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED IN THE EVENINGS, AFTER RIDING AROUND THE DESERT LOOKING AT GHOST TOWNS AND MINING CAMPS, BY LIVE MUSIC AND SUCH IN THE SALOON, THE SOLITUDE OF THE DESERT OFFERS MUCH. THE BEAUTY OF GOLD POINT IS THAT IT OFFERS MANY CHOICES.

Ghosttowns.com
04-16-2000, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Jeff Hedrington

: : : No offense to Sheriff Stone, but is anyone else dissapointed in the "Calicozation" of this years rally? Mock gunfights and all?

: : :

: : : : HI THERE! WAS WONDERING WHO IS PLANNING ON GOING TO THE GHOST TOWN RALLY THIS MEMORIAL WEEKEND AT GOLD POINT? RIPLEY AND I WILL BE THERE AND WE CANT WAIT!

: : NO OFFENSE TAKEN PARDNER, BUT WHAT IS IT YOU WERE EXPECTING OR LOOKING FOR? WHAT EVER IT IS I CAN ASSURE YOU GOLD POINT HAS IT. WE ARE THE FARTHEST THING FROM A CALICO. FOR THOSE WHO DON'T WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED IN THE EVENINGS, AFTER RIDING AROUND THE DESERT LOOKING AT GHOST TOWNS AND MINING CAMPS, BY LIVE MUSIC AND SUCH IN THE SALOON, THE SOLITUDE OF THE DESERT OFFERS MUCH. THE BEAUTY OF GOLD POINT IS THAT IT OFFERS MANY CHOICES.

:

: There is always the chance that some may be offended by the additional activities that the Sheriif includes in his desert gathering. More times than not he chooses appropriate balance. Ther is something about getting the opportunity to visualize a few wild west skits.

: It reminds me of the visits out East to Gettysberg and many Civil War cities that still provide reencatments of the many battles. It enhances the visit and allows some of the visitors a free history lesson.

: As for the music, the songs may be different but it was part of the old culture. There was music and dancing. It is up to us to make sure we keep it in balance. Moderation rules!

: I've been to many of Gold Point's "weekends" over the last 12 years and have been pleased with the authenticity that the good Sheriff tried to maintain.

: See you there!!!!

Ghosttowns.com
04-17-2000, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Pat Miles

:

: : : : No offense to Sheriff Stone, but is anyone else dissapointed in the "Calicozation" of this years rally? Mock gunfights and all?

: : : :

: : : : : HI THERE! WAS WONDERING WHO IS PLANNING ON GOING TO THE GHOST TOWN RALLY THIS MEMORIAL WEEKEND AT GOLD POINT? RIPLEY AND I WILL BE THERE AND WE CANT WAIT!

: : : NO OFFENSE TAKEN PARDNER, BUT WHAT IS IT YOU WERE EXPECTING OR LOOKING FOR? WHAT EVER IT IS I CAN ASSURE YOU GOLD POINT HAS IT. WE ARE THE FARTHEST THING FROM A CALICO. FOR THOSE WHO DON'T WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED IN THE EVENINGS, AFTER RIDING AROUND THE DESERT LOOKING AT GHOST TOWNS AND MINING CAMPS, BY LIVE MUSIC AND SUCH IN THE SALOON, THE SOLITUDE OF THE DESERT OFFERS MUCH. THE BEAUTY OF GOLD POINT IS THAT IT OFFERS MANY CHOICES.

: : There is always the chance that some may be offended by the additional activities that the Sheriif includes in his desert gathering. More times than not he chooses appropriate balance. Ther is something about getting the opportunity to visualize a few wild west skits.

: : It reminds me of the visits out East to Gettysberg and many Civil War cities that still provide reencatments of the many battles. It enhances the visit and allows some of the visitors a free history lesson.

: : As for the music, the songs may be different but it was part of the old culture. There was music and dancing. It is up to us to make sure we keep it in balance. Moderation rules!

: : I've been to many of Gold Point's "weekends" over the last 12 years and have been pleased with the authenticity that the good Sheriff tried to maintain.

: : See you there!!!!

: It's not Calico,or the Palmer House.However,it is Fun.Myself,Wife and children will be there as we have in the past.Gunfights and all.

Ghosttowns.com
04-17-2000, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Glen Martin, AKA BAD BOB

: : No offense to Sheriff Stone, but is anyone else dissapointed in the "Calicozation" of this years rally? Mock gunfights and all?

: "CALICOIZATION"? I don't think so. They don't have any souviner shops, Choo Choo Trains, or kiddie rides, or any of those usual "Tourist Trap" type things up there.

: Just a lot of Good Old Folks who like the outdoors, a bit of history, making new friends, and just relaxing and having a good time.

: As far as the Gunfights, I enjoy them. Lets me play Cowboys again just like when we were kids except with more noise and smoke than my "Roy Rogers" cap gun.

: Were you there during "Wiley Days"? When they had gunfights, skits, a parade and FIREWORKS? Now that was a PARTY!

: Keep up the good work Sheriff Stone, I'm counting the days!

Ghosttowns.com
04-18-2000, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Joe

: Ok, fair enough. I can see where some nitely entertainment would be enjoyable for everyone. There is room for all different levels of interest here...and they are all equally valid. I just personally prefer remote,uninhabited,unrestored ghost towns.

Ghosttowns.com
04-18-2000, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by David A. Wright

: Gold Point isn't restored. The buildings owned by Herb Robbins are not what you would call restored. Even the Wiley residence, which is about the only building there that you could call restored, leaks through the roofing where the two buildings joined.

: Gold Point is still lived in by a couple of permanent residents. It has always been populated, that's why there's a paved Nevada state highway and electricity there to town.

: As part of the Ralley, Herb plans on taking everyone to the satellite of real, unrestored and uninhabited ghosts nearby; including Stateline Mill, Oriental, Sylvania, Palmetto, and maybe Lida.

: By the way, I'm not going to the Ralley. But not because of shootouts or restoration. I'm going to be doing some research and photography at real, unrestored ghost towns in Death Valley.

Ghosttowns.com
04-19-2000, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Joe

: Ok, my bad. I had read on someones website that there was a not so authentic looking hangman's gallow erected there, so I thought there had been some "restoration" going on there.

: : Gold Point isn't restored. The buildings owned by Herb Robbins are not what you would call restored. Even the Wiley residence, which is about the only building there that you could call restored, leaks through the roofing where the two buildings joined.

: : Gold Point is still lived in by a couple of permanent residents. It has always been populated, that's why there's a paved Nevada state highway and electricity there to town.

: : As part of the Ralley, Herb plans on taking everyone to the satellite of real, unrestored and uninhabited ghosts nearby; including Stateline Mill, Oriental, Sylvania, Palmetto, and maybe Lida.

: : By the way, I'm not going to the Ralley. But not because of shootouts or restoration. I'm going to be doing some research and photography at real, unrestored ghost towns in Death Valley.

Ghosttowns.com
05-03-2000, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Mad Mountain Dean

: : : :

: : : : : No offense to Sheriff Stone, but is anyone else dissapointed in the "Calicozation" of this years rally? Mock gunfights and all?

: : : : :

: : : : : : HI THERE! WAS WONDERING WHO IS PLANNING ON GOING TO THE GHOST TOWN RALLY THIS MEMORIAL WEEKEND AT GOLD POINT? RIPLEY AND I WILL BE THERE AND WE CANT WAIT!

: : : : NO OFFENSE TAKEN PARDNER, BUT WHAT IS IT YOU WERE EXPECTING OR LOOKING FOR? WHAT EVER IT IS I CAN ASSURE YOU GOLD POINT HAS IT. WE ARE THE FARTHEST THING FROM A CALICO. FOR THOSE WHO DON'T WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED IN THE EVENINGS, AFTER RIDING AROUND THE DESERT LOOKING AT GHOST TOWNS AND MINING CAMPS, BY LIVE MUSIC AND SUCH IN THE SALOON, THE SOLITUDE OF THE DESERT OFFERS MUCH. THE BEAUTY OF GOLD POINT IS THAT IT OFFERS MANY CHOICES.

: : : There is always the chance that some may be offended by the additional activities that the Sheriif includes in his desert gathering. More times than not he chooses appropriate balance. Ther is something about getting the opportunity to visualize a few wild west skits.

: : : It reminds me of the visits out East to Gettysberg and many Civil War cities that still provide reencatments of the many battles. It enhances the visit and allows some of the visitors a free history lesson.

: : : As for the music, the songs may be different but it was part of the old culture. There was music and dancing. It is up to us to make sure we keep it in balance. Moderation rules!

: : : I've been to many of Gold Point's "weekends" over the last 12 years and have been pleased with the authenticity that the good Sheriff tried to maintain.

: : : See you there!!!!

: : It's not Calico,or the Palmer House.However,it is Fun.Myself,Wife and children will be there as we have in the past.Gunfights and all.

: If remoteness and solitude is what you seek you dont have to go far from GP. Just around the bend is where the pavement ends and the great emptiness of tne Nevada desert begins. So leave your pre-misconceptions at home and prepare to have more fun than should ever be allowed without an E-ticket.

: