PDA

View Full Version : historical sources

Ghosttowns.com
05-02-2000, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Paul

: Howdy y'all! I'm a recent (and avid) ghost town enthusiast, and am looking for good, reliable sources of historical information regarding mining towns in AZ, CA, CO, UT, ****, all over the place. Can anyone recommend a good place to start doing research? I'm looking specifically for historical societies, museums, and archives which can be accessed by the public. Thanks.

Ghosttowns.com
05-04-2000, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by David A. Wright

: Reply: Good place to begin is at this website. Look up pages of towns that interest you. Then start going to library and checking out books. Take special note in bibliographies to find more books. Contact authors. Start browsing the web for more publishers of ghost town related material. Start exploring any links provided.

: Actually, it's a never ending hobby and interest. I've been in this business for nearly three decades and I'm still learing and exploring and meeting people and ...

Ghosttowns.com
05-05-2000, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by steve in so az

: Paul - Here's the address online for the U of AZ in Tucson. Besides being a great source it will also connect you with several museums, libraries, etc. Good luck, Steve in so az

: http://sabio.library.arizona.edu