PDA

View Full Version : Gravesite in the middle of nowhere

Ghosttowns.com
05-14-2000, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Karen

: I recently found a grave site enclosed in wrought iron in the middle of the desert by Buckeye/Arlington area. There are four headstones with the "Barnes'" family name. One is full the other three are empty. They date back to the 1890's. There is also a stone slab with the name "Mike" on it. This is a very remote location, I got there on my 400EX (quad). Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this????

Ghosttowns.com
05-15-2000, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Tom Nelson

: : I recently found a grave site enclosed in wrought iron in the middle of the desert by Buckeye/Arlington area. There are four headstones with the "Barnes'" family name. One is full the other three are empty. They date back to the 1890's. There is also a stone slab with the name "Mike" on it. This is a very remote location, I got there on my 400EX (quad). Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this????

:

: They were escaped family of slaves that were hung back in 1895. It took the owner 25 yrs of searching to finally catch up with them of witch he was also hung for what he had done to the family. Wow I thought I was the only one that knew about the site and the history of it.

Ghosttowns.com
05-15-2000, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Karen

: : : I recently found a grave site enclosed in wrought iron in the middle of the desert by Buckeye/Arlington area. There are four headstones with the "Barnes'" family name. One is full the other three are empty. They date back to the 1890's. There is also a stone slab with the name "Mike" on it. This is a very remote location, I got there on my 400EX (quad). Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this????

: :

: : They were escaped family of slaves that were hung back in 1895. It took the owner 25 yrs of searching to finally catch up with them of witch he was also hung for what he had done to the family. Wow I thought I was the only one that knew about the site and the history of it.

: Are you serious? Because if so, where did you get your information and is any of it written?

countdrakula661
11-20-2004, 10:47 PM
NEED HELP I HAVE HEARD OF THAT LEGEND NEED directions how do i ge there