PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Location Help

Ghosttowns.com
05-28-2000, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Thomas Byrne

: Hi! A friend and I are going to go an explore some ghost towns near the Barstow area. How ever, some of the directions to the towns are less than adequete, for obvious reasons.

: Rest assured, we have no intention of vandalizing these precious historical sites.

: I have the information for the towns that was on this site. I have printed maps from yahoo! if they were available, and have searched the WWW for more information. But I do not understand topographical maps or where to get them or whatever.

: I would greatly appreciate it if someone could email me at (tbyrne@calstatela.edu) with directions if you have them for the following towns. We will be leaving tonight around 8:00 PM.

: Many thanks, and I'll make sure I send in some pictures of the towns for posting.

: Here are the towns:

: 1) Stedman (Bagdad Chase)

: 2) Ragtown

: 3) Providence

: 4) Goldstone

: 5) Wildwash

: Thanks again!

: Thomas --

Ghosttowns.com
08-10-2000, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Jim Gleason

: : Hi! A friend and I are going to go an explore some ghost towns near the Barstow area. How ever, some of the directions to the towns are less than adequete, for obvious reasons.

: : Rest assured, we have no intention of vandalizing these precious historical sites.

: : I have the information for the towns that was on this site. I have printed maps from yahoo! if they were available, and have searched the WWW for more information. But I do not understand topographical maps or where to get them or whatever.

: : I would greatly appreciate it if someone could email me at (tbyrne@calstatela.edu) with directions if you have them for the following towns. We will be leaving tonight around 8:00 PM.

: : Many thanks, and I'll make sure I send in some pictures of the towns for posting.

: : Here are the towns:

: : 1) Stedman (Bagdad Chase)

: : 2) Ragtown

: : 3) Providence

: : 4) Goldstone

: : 5) Wildwash

: : Thanks again!

: : Thomas --

:

: If you don't read or understand a topo map, I suggest that you not venture into the desert areas around Barstow. Much of the area is restricted access because of military or other federal usage. All of those towns are shown on the topo maps for the region. Further, that area is very rugged, and if you are not experience in backroad desert exploration, I would advise against it with out a proper guide. Good luck

: Jim

Ghosttowns.com
08-10-2000, 11:20 AM

: : Hi! A friend and I are going to go an explore some ghost towns near the Barstow area. How ever, some of the directions to the towns are less than adequete, for obvious reasons.

: : Rest assured, we have no intention of vandalizing these precious historical sites.

: : I have the information for the towns that was on this site. I have printed maps from yahoo! if they were available, and have searched the WWW for more information. But I do not understand topographical maps or where to get them or whatever.

: : I would greatly appreciate it if someone could email me at (tbyrne@calstatela.edu) with directions if you have them for the following towns. We will be leaving tonight around 8:00 PM.

: : Many thanks, and I'll make sure I send in some pictures of the towns for posting.

Ghosttowns.com
08-10-2000, 11:23 AM

: If you don't read or understand a topo map, I suggest that you not venture into the desert areas around Barstow. Much of the area is restricted access because of military or other federal usage. All of those towns are shown on the topo maps for the region. Further, that area is very rugged, and if you are not experience in backroad desert exploration, I would advise against it with out a proper guide. Good luck

: Jim

Ghosttowns.com
06-16-2001, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by randy teel

Ghosttowns.com
06-16-2001, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by randy teel