PDA

View Full Version : Ghost towns in Alabama??

Ghosttowns.com
10-08-2000, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Stone Foster

: I will be shooting an independent film in Alabama and I would like some info on any ghost towns in the state. The film will be set circa mid-1860's and take place in east Texas, so that is the look I am seeking. I would prefer a town with some major buildings intact, but any info on any town will be helpful.The town could still be a working town as long as it has the old town look. You can e-mail me direct at TBoneBeckham@aol.com. Thanks in advance. ----Stone

Ghosttowns.com
04-03-2001, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Hannah Banana

: There is a town which I live in.... Gordo, Alabama. Probabaly the oldest (spookiest) town in Alabama. This town is west of Tuscaloosa. (Close to the border) Gordo schools are a "feeding ground" for the ghost in Gordo. There have been siteings of ghost all around Gordo Elementary.

: Another interesting town in Alabama is Carollton. The distint face in the window of the courthouse (made by a prisoner who was struck by lightening) would be a key point in your movie. Yet the mysterious town of Gordo is byfar the main intrest I am, writing to you about.

: Please get in touch w/ me

:

: Hannah Banana

: (not my real last name)

Ghosttowns.com
09-27-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Patience I'm like Cher I have no last name!

:
: So whats ^ I'm really interested in this ghost siteing thing. Please please help me help you solve this mystery tell me the last time you have seen the ghost and who you think it was please just leave another message on the bord please!?!

: p.s. asl i'm 14/f/ut

Ghosttowns.com
10-21-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Erika Pate

:
: : There is a town which I live in.... Gordo, Alabama. Probabaly the oldest (spookiest) town in Alabama. This town is west of Tuscaloosa. (Close to the border) Gordo schools are a "feeding ground" for the ghost in Gordo. There have been siteings of ghost all around Gordo Elementary.

: : Another interesting town in Alabama is Carollton. The distint face in the window of the courthouse (made by a prisoner who was struck by lightening) would be a key point in your movie. Yet the mysterious town of Gordo is byfar the main intrest I am, writing to you about.

: : Please get in touch w/ me

: :

: : Hannah Banana

: : (not my real last name)

madgoose
06-05-2005, 05:26 PM
hannah,
Ghosttowns.com has no listing for Gordo. If you have some good info on the location maybe you should submit it for all to enjoy.

Andy
p.s.
I may visit this place soon since im in Ga. I'll try to grab some pics if none show up here.

old judge
06-06-2005, 06:55 AM
Andy: Probably not listed cause it's not a Ghost Town. It's old, but a couple thousand folks still call it home. Might be an interesting place to visit, but there are likely some real GT's close by, in Alabama or Mississippi. OJ