PDA

View Full Version : Grafton, Utah - What's Beyond the Gate??

Ghosttowns.com
08-28-1998, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Kevin J. Guhl

: I recently visited the ghost town of Grafton, Utah.

: I was able to see the buildings you first come across (including the graveyard), but then I followed a long, dirt road to a point where you could see another house. However, there was a locked gate and "No Trespassing" notice. I found that very annoying, that such an interesting historical find has been blocked off by modern markers.

: Does anyone know what is beyond that gate or why there is a gate? Are there many more buildings?

: Thanks for any info!

Ghosttowns.com
02-14-1999, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Joan L. Nixon

: What road did you take to get to Grafton? I'm interested in your route. Please e-mail me. Thank you. JLN

: : I recently visited the ghost town of Grafton, Utah.

: : I was able to see the buildings you first come across (including the graveyard), but then I followed a long, dirt road to a point where you could see another house. However, there was a locked gate and "No Trespassing" notice. I found that very annoying, that such an interesting historical find has been blocked off by modern markers.

: : Does anyone know what is beyond that gate or why there is a gate? Are there many more buildings?

: : Thanks for any info!

Ghosttowns.com
09-01-1999, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Deanna Sharp

: : What road did you take to get to Grafton? I'm interested in your route. Please e-mail me. Thank you. JLN

: : : I recently visited the ghost town of Grafton, Utah.

: : : I was able to see the buildings you first come across (including the graveyard), but then I followed a long, dirt road to a point where you could see another house. However, there was a locked gate and "No Trespassing" notice. I found that very annoying, that such an interesting historical find has been blocked off by modern markers.

: : : Does anyone know what is beyond that gate or why there is a gate? Are there many more buildings?

: : : Thanks for any info!

: I have not been to Grafton for about eight years. This is the site where they filmed parts of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid with Paul Newman and Robert Redford. Eight years ago they still had the school house/church, a home, and another building. They were doing some renovations. I am sorry that I don't remember much more.

Ghosttowns.com
05-21-2000, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by jennifer

: if you want to know what i found, then email me and i will tell you. pennysuede@yahoo.com

: : What road did you take to get to Grafton? I'm interested in your route. Please e-mail me. Thank you. JLN

: : : I recently visited the ghost town of Grafton, Utah.

: : : I was able to see the buildings you first come across (including the graveyard), but then I followed a long, dirt road to a point where you could see another house. However, there was a locked gate and "No Trespassing" notice. I found that very annoying, that such an interesting historical find has been blocked off by modern markers.

: : : Does anyone know what is beyond that gate or why there is a gate? Are there many more buildings?

: : : Thanks for any info!

Ghosttowns.com
06-11-2000, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by RUSSELL HOLSTEIN

: : if you want to know what i found, then email me and i will tell you. pennysuede@yahoo.com

: : : What road did you take to get to Grafton? I'm interested in your route. Please e-mail me. Thank you. JLN

: : : : I recently visited the ghost town of Grafton, Utah.

: : : : I was able to see the buildings you first come across (including the graveyard), but then I followed a long, dirt road to a point where you could see another house. However, there was a locked gate and "No Trespassing" notice. I found that very annoying, that such an interesting historical find has been blocked off by modern markers.

: : : : Does anyone know what is beyond that gate or why there is a gate? Are there many more buildings?

: : : : Thanks for any info!

: I HAVE BEEN TO GRAFTON SEVERAL TIMES. IT IS REACHED BY GOING FROM ST. GEORGE TO THE TINY COMMUNITY OF ROCKVILLE. MAKE A LEFT ON BRIDGER RD, IT ISNT FAR TO THE TOWN SITE. LAST TIME I WAS THERE IT APPEARS THE ABODE SCHOOL BUILDING IS WEAKENING IN IT'S STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY & THERE HAVE BEEN BRACES PLACED ON ALL FOUR CORNERS. THE LOCAL RESIDENT HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR YEARS TO GET WHAT'S LEFT OF THE TOWNSITE DECLARED A HISTORICAL SITE BY THE GOVERNMENT, I ASSUME TO PROCURE RESTORATION FUNDS. I WOULD GUESS THAT THE GATE IS THERE TO WARD OFF VANDALS, AS ANY TRUE GHOST TOWNER IS AWARE, THERE ARE ALWAYS THOSE WHO HAVE NO RESPECT FOR HISTORY & WILL DO DAMAGE WHENEVER THE OPPORTUNITY ARISES....