PDA

View Full Version : GOLDPOINT -THANKSGIVING 2000

Ghosttowns.com
11-26-2000, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Penny Ballou

: Thanksgiving at Goldpoint was a blast!

: Traditional, fun, lots of people around a wood burning stove in the main eating area (Sheriff Stone's cabin). Delicious! Plenty of grub too.

: Old-timers should note a 70' extension to the bar and game room making it around 110 ft or so. One end has a bar for 'bring your own boozers' the other end the original bar for 'I'll pay you serve me' style. The addition is traditional to the old-style. Pool, tables with games, shuttle board, huge stage!, wood floors, relics, memorabilia swing from rafters and hang on walls. A huge double-barrel wood burning stove blasts out hot air (Herb's getting reading for New Year's I just bet).

: As usual Sheriff Stone and Red Dog Lil were great hosts. Thanx again folks.

Ghosttowns.com
11-27-2000, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Herb Robbins

: the old hornsilver saloon will be open new years eve with food and drinks. rv spaces available. for more information just call 702-643-4372. come for the weekend and have fun exploring and chatting with others about the old times.

Ghosttowns.com
11-28-2000, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by PJ BALLOU

: We plan on being there ....will bells on Herb.

: Penny, Paul, and woof-woof Perky too.

: I just wonder if everyone knows how the saloon has been extended 70-ft? How about the music, singing contests, and a rip-roaring time scheduled for New Years Eve 2001. Tons of food, booze, trips, contests, and plans scheduled.

: This will be a big one I hear...so best get your reservations in early. We're taking RV space #1, there's about 6-more left.

Ghosttowns.com
11-28-2000, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by PW BEASLEY

: See Ya'll there. I "be" one of the "great" singers scheduled! Care to wager any bets on who does the greatest Garth Brooks?

: Bring on the groups. Golpoint New Year's 2001 is going to be a biggy. Fireworks okay too. Usually there's a big show so add yours to the booty.

: Count me in!

: PW

Ghosttowns.com
11-28-2000, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Invention Guru

: Planning on being at Goldpoint for New Year's 2001. Bringing grenades, booze, and wild women -LOL!

: Inventors planning on bunking-down for the 2001 bash send Herb an email real soon.

Ghosttowns.com
11-29-2000, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by David A. Wright

:

: <I just wonder if everyone knows how the saloon has been extended 70-ft?>

: Yup. See page 2 of my website exploration trip, where I have a photo of the bar extension under construction. Link http://homestead.juno.com/greatbasinresearch2/PateraTrip2.html