PDA

View Full Version : Not much to see at Paria. Don't bother.

Ghosttowns.com
12-30-2000, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by JD Rose

: Hello,

:

: Just wanted to let everyone know that the Paria movie set has changed recently. Alot. When the site was included into the Grand Staircase it was deemed a public hazard. The BLM completely dismantled the site. Nothing exists there now. There is a rumor that the BLM may reconstruct two of the buildings at a new location. I'll update you if they do.

: The wooden building at the Paria Town site was struck by lighting and burned to the ground. The stone outbuilding near the mine and the cemetary are all that remain. Time takes it's toll.

Ghosttowns.com
01-06-2001, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Pubah

: : Hello,

: :

: : Just wanted to let everyone know that the Paria movie set has changed recently. Alot. When the site was included into the Grand Staircase it was deemed a public hazard. The BLM completely dismantled the site. Nothing exists there now. There is a rumor that the BLM may reconstruct two of the buildings at a new location. I'll update you if they do.

: : The wooden building at the Paria Town site was struck by lighting and burned to the ground. The stone outbuilding near the mine and the cemetary are all that remain. Time takes it's toll.

: I had read an article that the BLM was planning on tearing to move set down. Nice to know that the guys in Washington know more about the west than us westerners. Chalk this up to another of Clinton's stikes against Utah and the West. Another part of Kanab's history has been destroyed by the government.