but
it runs North / South not east / west

I tried dragging the Google Map camera-man down various streets to find
the boarded up section
but unfortunately Google camera does not cover that portion of the city

Any help, please ??

Froggy
10-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Have you tried this? www (http://www.turquoisemagazine.net/Turquoise_Southwest_Culture_Stories/Ghost_Street_in_Vaughn-07/Ghost_Street_in_Vaughn-07.htm) site.

DrAlloway
10-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Have you tried this? www (http://www.turquoisemagazine.net/Turquoise_Southwest_Culture_Stories/Ghost_Street_in_Vaughn-07/Ghost_Street_in_Vaughn-07.htm) site.

Thanks.

I followed your link - really great pictures.
Now I want to find this section of town for sure.

However, the text did not provide any clues as to what part
of Vaughn is the boarded up section.

Fairlane500
10-30-2012, 07:52 PM
A quick look at Google Earth finds that the "ghost" section of the town seems to be centered around the intersection of Cedar Ave and 11th Street.

I wish I could pay another visit to Vaughn. I went through back in '98 and was intrigued by the town. Unfortunately, I wasn't much up on taking pictures at that point in my life...

DrAlloway
10-30-2012, 08:50 PM
A quick look at Google Earth finds that the "ghost" section of the town seems to be centered around the intersection of Cedar Ave and 11th Street.

Thanks - I think you are right.
I dragged Google's little camera-man to that intersection and one of the distinctive "ghost buildings" is there. Google's camera doesn't go further there and its a bit gooffed up, but that is definitely the intersection where I will start.

Thanks everybody - I now consider my question answered - and this thread done. Thanks again.