PDA

View Full Version : I need to find out who to contact in order to go on private property for some of New Mexico's ghosttowns

Ghosttowns.com
01-12-2001, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Robert

: Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows whom I should contact and how, so that I won't be trepassing. The towns that I would like to see which are on private property are: Cabezon, Bland, and Koehler/Van Houten. This would be greatly appreciated.

Ghosttowns.com
01-24-2001, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Robert Navarette

: : Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows whom I should contact and how, so that I won't be trepassing. The towns that I would like to see which are on private property are: Cabezon, Bland, and Koehler/Van Houten. This would be greatly appreciated.

: Response: These townships and their property limits can be determine from records available from the Bureau of Land \Mmanagement in SantaFe.

: Since the preponderence of the land in New Mexico

: is public land it can also be established if there is any current ownership of the villages from the county sear legal records. Also look up what Mr Mcwhorter has written about these places in this site. No, you don't go there first if there is any questionabout posted property or private ownership. R Navarette

Ghosttowns.com
01-24-2001, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Robert G. Navarette

: : : Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows whom I should contact and how, so that I won't be trepassing. The towns that I would like to see which are on private property are: Cabezon, Bland, and Koehler/Van Houten. This would be greatly appreciated.

: : Response: These townships and their property limits can be determined from records available from the Bureau of Land \Mmanagement in SantaFe.

: : Since the preponderence of the land in New Mexico is public land it can also be established if there is any current ownership of the villages from the county seat legal records. Also look up what Mr Mcwhorter has written about these places and this site. No, you don't go there first if there is any question about posted property or private ownership even though the village limits are the only property that my be in qustion. R Navarette