PDA

View Full Version : The Silver King Mine

Ghosttowns.com
01-27-2001, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Susie Q

: My 95 yr old Grandmother has shown me very old pictures of her Father, John Wood, 20 mule teams pulling wagons and of Silver King with people lined up in the streets. These pictures are very old and yellowed but I would love to learn more about the history of these pictures and of my grandfather. I know he came back to Missouri, a very successful man. On the back of these old photos they are stamped with G.H. Rothrock's Arizona Scenery First premium awarded by the Arizona Industrial Expostion, 1884. I am just getting started in this research so I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Ghosttowns.com
02-09-2001, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by monster lover

: : My 95 yr old Grandmother has shown me very old pictures of her Father, John Wood, 20 mule teams pulling wagons and of Silver King with people lined up in the streets. These pictures are very old and yellowed but I would love to learn more about the history of these pictures and of my grandfather. I know he came back to Missouri, a very successful man. On the back of these old photos they are stamped with G.H. Rothrock's Arizona Scenery First premium awarded by the Arizona Industrial Expostion, 1884. I am just getting started in this research so I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Ghosttowns.com
04-13-2001, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Jeannette Sanchez

: : : My 95 yr old Grandmother has shown me very old pictures of her Father, John Wood, 20 mule teams pulling wagons and of Silver King with people lined up in the streets. These pictures are very old and yellowed but I would love to learn more about the history of these pictures and of my grandfather. I know he came back to Missouri, a very successful man. On the back of these old photos they are stamped with G.H. Rothrock's Arizona Scenery First premium awarded by the Arizona Industrial Expostion, 1884. I am just getting started in this research so I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Ghosttowns.com
06-14-2001, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by John

: Jeannette, Had you considered the services of a museum or historical society? They often authenticate old photos and give useful information. If you have a scanned copy of the picture, I would really like to see it. Good luck!

Ghosttowns.com
07-15-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by william Lucero

: : While living in the town of Superior my father was looking for a job and got one working at the smelter. My fater told me stories about those mule teams pulling the silver up an down the mountains. It was rough in those days. I remember going up there once and found that the buildings standing were an old motel and a general store. We looking around even if the sign said no Traspassing. Well my dog made his way up to the house and did not return when i called him. Spotty was a medium size dog mut part hound and beagel. He was attracted to the other dogs which were all inside,well some old lady gave my dog raw meat and he never came out the house. I asked if i could retreave my dog and her reply was if he goes with he yours, she like my dog. 3 months later i went up the King to try and retreve my dog. But for some reason the house was vacant and had a big sign "no trespassing" I found out later the old lady died. Was that your grandmother.

Ghosttowns.com
07-15-2002, 12:52 PM

: : While living in the town of Superior my father was looking for a job and got one working at the smelter. My fater told me stories about those mule teams pulling the silver up and down the mountains. It was rough in those days. I remember going up there once and found that the buildings standing were an old motel and a general store. We looking around even if the sign said no Traspassing. Well my dog made his way up to the house and did not return when i called him. Spotty was a medium size dog mut part hound and beagel. He was attracted to the other dogs which were all inside,well some old lady gave my dog raw meat and he never came out the house. I asked if i could retreve my dog and her reply was if he goes with he's yours, she acted like she was the owner on my dog. 3 months later i went up the King to try and retreve my dog. But for some reason the house was vacant and had a big sign "no trespassing" I found out later the old lady died. Was that your grandmother? I was also told later that she had fell down and broke her hip, not able to get help because it was far from town and I think someone visited her every month, brought her groceries and supplies, well I sorry to say that as time went on the dogs got hungry and ate part of her body because they did not know better and got hungry. If this so well I hope not please tell me when and how your grandmother passed away. I actually remember meeting an old lady. I also remember her dogs were very protective.

Ghosttowns.com
07-15-2002, 12:53 PM

: : While living in the town of Superior my father was looking for a job and got one working at the smelter. My father told me stories about those mule teams pulling the silver up and down the mountains. It was rough in those days. I remember going up there once and found that the buildings standing were an old motel and a general store. We looking around even if the sign said no Traspassing. Well my dog made his way up to the house and did not return when i called him. Spotty was a medium size dog mut part hound and beagel. He was attracted to the other dogs which were all inside,well some old lady gave my dog raw meat and he never came out the house. I asked if i could retreve my dog and her reply was if he goes with he's yours, she acted like she was the owner on my dog. 3 months later i went up the King to try and retreve my dog. But for some reason the house was vacant and had a big sign "no trespassing" I found out later the old lady died. Was that your grandmother? I was also told later that she had fell down and broke her hip, not able to get help because it was far from town and I think someone visited her every month, brought her groceries and supplies, well I sorry to say that as time went on the dogs got hungry and ate part of her body because they did not know better and got hungry. If this so well I hope not please tell me when and how your grandmother passed away. I actually remember meeting an old lady. I also remember her dogs were very protective.

Ghosttowns.com
07-15-2002, 12:54 PM

: : While living in the town of Superior my father was looking for a job and got one working at the smelter. My father told me stories about those mule teams pulling the silver up and down the mountains. It was rough in those days. I remember going up there once and found that the buildings standing were an old motel and a general store. while looking around even if the sign said no Traspassing. Well my dog made his way up to the house and did not return when i called him. Spotty was a medium size dog mut part hound and beagel. He was attracted to the other dogs which were all inside,well some old lady gave my dog raw meat and he never came out the house. I asked if i could retreve my dog and her reply was if he goes with he's yours, she acted like she was the owner on my dog. 3 months later i went up the King to try and retreve my dog. But for some reason the house was vacant and had a big sign "no trespassing" I found out later the old lady died. Was that your grandmother? I was also told later that she had fell down and broke her hip, not able to get help because it was far from town and I think someone visited her every month, brought her groceries and supplies, well I sorry to say that as time went on the dogs got hungry and ate part of her body because they did not know better and got hungry. If this so well I hope not please tell me when and how your grandmother passed away. I actually remember meeting an old lady. I also remember her dogs were very protective.

Ghosttowns.com
07-15-2002, 12:56 PM

: : While living in the town of Superior my father was looking for a job and got one working at the smelter. My father told me stories about those mule teams pulling the silver up and down the mountains. It was rough in those days. I remember going up there once and found that the buildings standing were an old motel and a general store. while looking around even if the sign said no Traspassing. Well my dog made his way up to the house and did not return when i called him. Spotty was a medium size dog mut part hound and beagel. He was attracted to the other dogs which were all inside,well some old lady gave my dog raw meat and he never came out the house. I asked if i could retreve my dog and her reply was if he goes with he's yours, she acted like she was the owner on my dog. 3 months later i went up the King to try and retreve my dog. But for some reason the house was vacant and had a big sign "no trespassing" I found out later the old lady died. Was that your grandmother? I was also told later that she had fell down and broke her hip, not able to get help because it was far from town and I think someone visited her every month, brought her groceries and supplies, well I sorry to say that as time went on the dogs got hungry and ate part of her body because they did not know better. there was no phone to call anyone. If this so well I hope not please tell me when and how your grandmother passed away. I actually remember meeting an old lady. I also remember her dogs were very protective.