PDA

View Full Version : Turret Colorado

Ghosttowns.com
09-15-1998, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Rob

: Has anyone been to, or know anything about the ghost town of Turret, Colorado? It is just outside of Salida.
: It is my "favorite" ghost town because it is the first one I ever visited, as a child back in 1975. It got me interested in ghost towns.
: Turret is a true ghost town that still has many buildings standing. I visited it again in 1996 and it hadn't changed all that much in 20 years. It is in a beautiful setting that can be reached by 2 wheel drive.

Ghosttowns.com
09-16-1998, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Dale

:
: : Has anyone been to, or know anything about the ghost town of Turret, Colorado? It is just outside of Salida.
: : It is my "favorite" ghost town because it is the first one I ever visited, as a child back in 1975. It got me interested in ghost towns.
: : Turret is a true ghost town that still has many buildings standing. I visited it again in 1996 and it hadn't changed all that much in 20 years. It is in a beautiful setting that can be reached by 2 wheel drive.

: I haven't been there, but would be interested in finding out more about it. Thanks!

Ghosttowns.com
07-07-1999, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Ken

: : Yes, I was just there again a few weeks ago. I was in Salida for the annual Fib-Ark ( river raft races ) so I took a quick drive up there. It loos the same, however it would appear that alot of the property in that area is up for sale. I find it hard to believe that people would buy it up and do anything with it other than leaving it as a ghost town. But with the way things are these days, maybe a rollercoaster, log ride and some overpriced goodies, charge $ 25.00 a head and there u go. There are alot of ghost towns in this beautiful state that I live in, I have seen a few. I am an avid 4 wheel drive nut, and over many of the passes we do there are ghost towns. Many old mining towns around the Telluride, Ouray area. By the way, that is the most beautiful area in the state. Feel free to drop me a line, I could give u directions to a few other cool towns for your next trip here.

: : : Has anyone been to, or know anything about the ghost town of Turret, Colorado? It is just outside of Salida.

: : : It is my "favorite" ghost town because it is the first one I ever visited, as a child back in 1975. It got me interested in ghost towns.

: : : Turret is a true ghost town that still has many buildings standing. I visited it again in 1996 and it hadn't changed all that much in 20 years. It is in a beautiful setting that can be reached by 2 wheel drive.

: : I haven't been there, but would be interested in finding out more about it. Thanks!

Ghosttowns.com
04-25-2001, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Art Falconer

: :

: : : Has anyone been to, or know anything about the ghost town of Turret, Colorado? It is just outside of Salida.

: : : It is my "favorite" ghost town because it is the first one I ever visited, as a child back in 1975. It got me interested in ghost towns.

: : : Turret is a true ghost town that still has many buildings standing. I visited it again in 1996 and it hadn't changed all that much in 20 years. It is in a beautiful setting that can be reached by 2 wheel drive.

: : I haven't been there, but would be interested in finding out more about it. Thanks!

Ghosttowns.com
04-25-2001, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Art Falconer

: : : Art Falconer was there about a month ago.Last week in March.I had about 2 hours to kill in Salida before I drove back to Dallas the next morning.I drove up there about 2 hours before sunset,Got out just in time.Sure is dark up in there at night.What a scenic place.I took about 20 pictures just before sunset.This place is awesome.There is so much texture in those old boards.I will visit it again this summer.Will stay back in the woods and investigate.Will write to anyone who likes this kind of place.

: : : : Has anyone been to, or know anything about the ghost town of Turret, Colorado? It is just outside of Salida.

: : : : It is my "favorite" ghost town because it is the first one I ever visited, as a child back in 1975. It got me interested in ghost towns.

: : : : Turret is a true ghost town that still has many buildings standing. I visited it again in 1996 and it hadn't changed all that much in 20 years. It is in a beautiful setting that can be reached by 2 wheel drive.

: : : I haven't been there, but would be interested in finding out more about it. Thanks!