PDA

View Full Version : Location of Genevieve, Montana

Ghosttowns.com
04-01-2001, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Olivia Hash

: I am trying to locate the old town of Genevieve, Mt because it is near my grandparents homestead. I know it is somewhere north of present day Saco, Mt. Any info would be appreciated

Ghosttowns.com
04-01-2001, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Dirk

: : I am trying to locate the old town of Genevieve, Mt because it is near my grandparents homestead. I know it is somewhere north of present day Saco, Mt. Any info would be appreciated

: Try going to http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com and in search box type Genevieve and it will give you a choice of places. I tried and the only one I got was in Montana NE of Saco. Hope this helps.

Barton
01-01-2008, 08:05 PM
I own the land which was once the site of Genevieve, Valley Co., Montana. My parents lived there from about 1931 to about 1943 - after which the "town" (a store & postoffice, a community dancehall, and an abandoned blacksmith shop) was dismantled, leaving only the dance hall, and a 3-hole outhouse. The white dancehall still stands, but the community has evaporated. The site is about 20 miles north of Saco, but as I have not seen it for 60 years, I cannot give directions. Will be happy to supply other information. Roger Barton

Barton
01-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Olivia Hash

: I am trying to locate the old town of Genevieve, Mt because it is near my grandparents homestead. I know it is somewhere north of present day Saco, Mt. Any info would be appreciated
I have information re your request (Ghosttowns.com) on former site of GENEVIEVE, Valley Co., Mont., and can give some history of that community. Contact via e-mail - bartondux@att.net R.W. Barton, San Francisco, Ca.

oro-y-plata
01-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Genevieve had a post office from July14,1916 until February 28, 1942. It is located in Valley County, slightly north-east of Saco, which is now in Phillips County.