PDA

View Full Version : Pardee & the Iron Mountain Mine

Ghosttowns.com
09-23-1998, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Tim Stolle

: Hi to all of the ghost town hounds out there. I just found this Web Site and fell head over heels with it. I've already sent messages to a few "subscribers" and would like to contact anybody who has some knowledge about Pardee and the mine there.

: I'm most interested in this palce but also want to find out about the Montana "mystery camp" thats covered in Ghost Towns of Montana by D.C. Miller

: Happy Ghost Hunting to everyone

: Tim Stolle

Ghosttowns.com
10-10-2000, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by todd Pardee

: : Hi to all of the ghost town hounds out there. I just found this Web Site and fell head over heels with it. I've already sent messages to a few "subscribers" and would like to contact anybody who has some knowledge about Pardee and the mine there.

: : I'm most interested in this palce but also want to find out about the Montana "mystery camp" thats covered in Ghost Towns of Montana by D.C. Miller

: : Happy Ghost Hunting to everyone

: : Tim Stolle

Ghosttowns.com
11-18-2000, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Martin Heath

: I grew up in Missoula, but have family from Superior, the nearest "city" to Pardee. My Mom's family lived at the Iron Mountain mine in 1925, while my grandfather, Hugh Magone was in charge of installing machinery at the mill. The mine operated the winter of 1925-26, and the iron mountain camp closed down in the spring of 1926. Pardee itself is an older camp, almost totally overgrown by brush and timber, although it may have burned of in the flat creek fire this summer.