PDA

View Full Version : ghost town hotel

Ghosttowns.com
09-27-1998, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by sheldon

: I would like to spend a very important birthday in a town that time passed. Ideally, it would have a motel, a diner, colorful locals and, with a little luck, a festival going on. I don't wish to be in a commercialized atmosphere or a bed and breakfast. Perhaps something on Route 66. Can anybody help me with ideas? The birthday is in March. Thank you

Ghosttowns.com
09-27-1998, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Robert Rowe

: I have never been there, but from what I have heard of Oatman, AZ, it may be the route 66 town that you are looking for. I would suggest checking with someone who's been there.

Ghosttowns.com
10-12-1998, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Chuck Alexander

: : I have never been there, but from what I have heard of Oatman, AZ, it may be the route 66 town that you are looking for. I would suggest checking with someone who's been there.

: As far as I know, there is one hotel in Oatman, and it is a tourist attraction(Clark Gable is supposed to have stayed there on his weding night). I quite sure that rooms are only for show and not for rent.

Ghosttowns.com
10-12-1998, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Chuck Alexander

: : I would like to spend a very important birthday in a town that time passed. Ideally, it would have a motel, a diner, colorful locals and, with a little luck, a festival going on. I don't wish to be in a commercialized atmosphere or a bed and breakfast. Perhaps something on Route 66. Can anybody help me with ideas? The birthday is in March. Thank you

: If you want to stay with Route 66 try contacting the Chamber of Commerce in Williams AZ. A fellow in Williams publishes a bi-monthly magazine dedicated to Route 66 lore, and I'm certain he could tell you about hotels and such along what remains of Route 66. In most "Ghost Towns", the best you're going to find is a "Bed & Breakfast" type lodging arrangement, however there are a number of interesting hotels left Arizona that
: may fill your overall needs such as the St. Michaels Hotel in Prescott AZ.

Ghosttowns.com
10-26-2001, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Alex Sanchez

: : : I have never been there, but from what I have heard of Oatman, AZ, it may be the route 66 town that you are looking for. I would suggest checking with someone who's been there.

: : As far as I know, there is one hotel in Oatman, and it is a tourist attraction(Clark Gable is supposed to have stayed there on his weding night). I quite sure that rooms are only for show and not for rent.

Ghosttowns.com
10-26-2001, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Alex Sanchez

: : : I have never been there, but from what I have heard of Oatman, AZ, it may be the route 66 town that you are looking for. I would suggest checking with someone who's been there.

: : As far as I know, there is one hotel in Oatman, and it is a tourist attraction(Clark Gable is supposed to have stayed there on his weding night). I quite sure that rooms are only for show and not for rent.