PDA

View Full Version : Oregon ghost town

Ghosttowns.com
08-16-2001, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by cowgirl

: Does anyone know detailed how to's to get to a cemetery in a gone town called Roberts Oregon. It is near Prineville. I found the remains of the town but no cemetery. Also looking for ghost towns and pioneer cemeteries in Oregon. Will take any info.

Ghosttowns.com
08-16-2001, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by bad bob

:

: : Does anyone know detailed how to's to get to a cemetery in a gone town called Roberts Oregon. It is near Prineville. I found the remains of the town but no cemetery. Also looking for ghost towns and pioneer cemeteries in Oregon. Will take any info.

: Recommend first check the FAQ link at the top of this board. <[:-)

: bb.

Ghosttowns.com
08-20-2001, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Stephen, Ghost Town Photographer

: I have no info re: Roberts Oregon but you might try contacting City Hall in Prineville. These towns in Eastern Oregon which have pioneer cemetarys are: Sumpter, Granite, Whitney. There are most likely others but at this time I have not visited them.

: Stephen

:

: : Does anyone know detailed how to's to get to a cemetery in a gone town called Roberts Oregon. It is near Prineville. I found the remains of the town but no cemetery. Also looking for ghost towns and pioneer cemeteries in Oregon. Will take any info.

Ghosttowns.com
08-21-2001, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Pat

: The cemetery is on a ranch off of road 27 on private property. I am not sure any remains of Roberts actually exist; I saw an article on this a few years ago, in which the searcher got permission to visit the grave of his baby brother. The atlas shows the actual location as being off Salt Creek Road; much of that property is heavily posted and controlled by a hunting club. The cemetery may be closer to the Prineville Reservoir. The next time I find the article I'll update you if there is any more info.

Ghosttowns.com
10-26-2001, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Julie Hendricks

: :
: : : Does anyone know detailed how to's to get to a cemetery in a gone town called Roberts Oregon. It is near Prineville. I found the remains of the town but no cemetery. Also looking for ghost towns and pioneer cemeteries in Oregon. Will take any info.

: : Recommend first check the FAQ link at the top of this board. <[:-)

: Would this be at the foot of Grizzly Mountain? If so, I can get info. for directions, and I have a few pictures.
: : bb.

Ghosttowns.com
01-10-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by John Arntz

: : I have no info re: Roberts Oregon but you might try contacting City Hall in Prineville. These towns in Eastern Oregon which have pioneer cemetarys are: Sumpter, Granite, Whitney. There are most likely others but at this time I have not visited them.
: : Stephen

: :
: : : Does anyone know detailed how to's to get to a cemetery in a gone town called Roberts Oregon. It is near Prineville. I found the remains of the town but no cemetery. Also looking for ghost towns and pioneer cemeteries in Oregon. Will take any info.

:
: My family owns the land where the town af Roberts and the cemetary are located. Contact me for further information