PDA

View Full Version : Frequent posters now must have their posts approved?

Toysx2
06-08-2013, 02:31 PM
I have posted quite often on this site in the past. Last week I added text and photos together for another post. When I submitted the entry, a pop-up window came up and told me that the post would have to be approved by a moderator. Not having had that ever happen before, I thought that it might be a mistake, but I have waited for a week and nothing happened. I thought maybe I had done something wrong and so I submitted the same information again. The same window popped up. So now there is a double posting sitting out there somewhere. I have always really enjoyed participating on this site, but it is getting to be too frustrating.......

Ernie

Ghosttowns.com
06-08-2013, 04:06 PM
post moderation was turned off back in January - can you try again and post a picture of what you are seeing and in what forum - thx

Toysx2
06-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Thank you for your quick response. I was posting under the "History of Ghost Towns and Historical Sites" forum. Both postings have just appeared. One is time-stamped 2 days ago and the other 3 hours ago. I don't think that I would have been able to capture a screen shot. The small window with the notification that the post would have to be approved by a moderator only appeared for a few seconds each time and then was gone.

Ernie

Toysx2
07-25-2013, 07:22 AM
I once again have tried to post a report under the History of Historical Sites forum and once again got the pop-up window that said that the post would have to be approved by an administrator. The last time that this happened, I didn't understand what was going on and re-posted---ending up with a double post when things finally appeared........Am I the only one having this problem?

Ghosttowns.com
07-25-2013, 07:38 AM
I dont know why you are getting that. The entire forums have been reinstalled from scratch and there are no moderation settings set at all - its all Q&A at this point. Hoping its not a caching issue on your computer...