PDA

View Full Version : Finding a long lost book on Colorado Ghost towns

Dwayne
08-19-2013, 10:07 AM
Hello Folks,

Name here is Dwayne. I realize I am new, and have not introduced myself properly. But, I am in a fix here.

Many years ago, I was given a wonderful book on Colorado Ghost towns.

This book gave EXCELLENT details on getting to MANY ghost towns in Colorado. . .

Not only did it mention ghost towns (if you call them ghost towns) like cripple creek and such, but it mentioned the REAL ghost towns that have been totally abandoned and non-commercialized.

It gave some pictures of these towns, driving directions to these towns, and briefly described history, difficulty of traveling to these towns, and what to expect. (I can't find this book. . .)

I am going on Vacation in less than 9 days, and I cannot find that book.

I want to go to the REAL ghost towns. . . abandoned, non-commerical, etc etc.

Does anyone have any idea which book I am looking for? Or at least a good book with the above info?

Two years ago, I tried a book, and found it was nothing but a Armchair book. . . .You travel to the ghost town, fill up your tank, eat at the restaurant, and drive on.

Thanks in advance, and forgive me of the rather rude and short introduction without properly getting to know you all.

Dwayne

bad bob
08-19-2013, 07:41 PM
Hello Folks,

Name here is Dwayne. I realize I am new, and have not introduced myself properly. But, I am in a fix here.

Many years ago, I was given a wonderful book on Colorado Ghost towns.

This book gave EXCELLENT details on getting to MANY ghost towns in Colorado. . .

Not only did it mention ghost towns (if you call them ghost towns) like cripple creek and such, but it mentioned the REAL ghost towns that have been totally abandoned and non-commercialized.

It gave some pictures of these towns, driving directions to these towns, and briefly described history, difficulty of traveling to these towns, and what to expect. (I can't find this book. . .)

I am going on Vacation in less than 9 days, and I cannot find that book.

I want to go to the REAL ghost towns. . . abandoned, non-commerical, etc etc.

Does anyone have any idea which book I am looking for? Or at least a good book with the above info?

Two years ago, I tried a book, and found it was nothing but a Armchair book. . . .You travel to the ghost town, fill up your tank, eat at the restaurant, and drive on.

Thanks in advance, and forgive me of the rather rude and short introduction without properly getting to know you all.

Dwayne

Do a Google search for "colorado ghost town books" or just "colorado ghost towns" (use lower case) and then see if you recognize anything. Check your library & book stores. Some coin shops sell the best books and mags on ghost towns. :)

El Burro Camaro
08-24-2013, 07:08 AM
Bumping this thread past Jiaoguy.

landy
08-26-2013, 05:36 PM
You're probably thinking of Robert Brown. He wrote several books on Colorado ghost towns with lots of great photos. Do a google search or check out Amazon.